John Dee

wiviperman

I am saddened to read the news of John's passing. He touched so many of us with this site and his open sharing of his life with Nora, Grace and four legged furry family members.
I will forever be grateful for his contribution to the snowmobile community and how he brought many of us together via this website.
My deepest condolences go out to Nora, Grace and everyone that knew John!

renegade

Rest in peace and condolences... And thanks for what you built and making me look good, especially in the early days when I could tell riding buddies chances of snow well before anyone on TV would talk about snow chances. I can't even remember when I first joined, but I know my computer had to dial back then. It's been a great place to come to so these years!

timo

Been following this site on a near daily basis since Nov. of 1998. I'm devastated by the news. Watching Grace grow up in the journals has been a pretty cool thing. My most heartfelt condolences to Nora and Grace.
JD left a legacy.
RIP

Arctic Cat Girl

My heart melted when I read the news this morning. We have been watching John site for years have always enjoyed watching his weather reports for the big snow falls and all the camera's to check the weather. I will still continue watching Northwoods cam Newtwork to keep an eye on the snow in future. Even though we have never met John it's seems like we like we have by, reading Johns Journals over the years and watching his Lovely Family grow. John will be deeply missed and our deepest condolences to Nora and Gracie.

Last edited:

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
The snowmobile community has lost a great ambassador, I have lost a great friend, but, more importantly, the Dee family has lost a husband, a father, a brother etc. I have some great memories that I will be sharing over the next few days or weeks. This has hit me harder than I thought it would. RIP buddy, I know your catching up with your mom and dad, your brother, Burt and Bailey, and Huck and Milly. May the Bayfield Bomber drop a ton of snow for you up there, followed up by a bluebird day!

The snowmobile community has lost a great ambassador, I have lost a great friend, but, more importantly, the Dee family has lost a husband, a father, a brother etc. I have some great memories that I will be sharing over the next few days or weeks. This has hit me harder than I thought it would. RIP buddy, I know your catching up with your mom and dad, your brother, Burt and Bailey, and Huck and Milly. May the Bayfield Bomber drop a ton of snow for you up there, followed up by a bluebird day!
Very well said. RIP John. Stay strong Nora & Grace. Continued prayers to the John Dee community.

Khooper550

I have followed his forecasts for many years and more recently the Snow Church. He had a great sense of humor and we were really fortunate to get the weather from a snowmobiler’s perspective. He was truly one of a kind. Huge loss. My condolences to his family.

cuzzinolaf

John was a family man, a father, and a friend. We hit it off from the first day we met back around 2009 and were supposed to be sailing the Caribbean just last week, but his doctor advised he didn't go so we "postponed" our trip. A good guy all around, one who loved the Keweenaw, the snow, and to ride. He was the same person in real life, the same person he was in his Snow Church videos, Facebook, and on the forum. So many great stories and moments with those of us who got to know him. He was a normal and down to earth guy who just loved life and always had a positive spin on things. As we mourn the loss of our dear friend, please keep his family in your prayers, they're the ones who are struggling the most.

Hoosier

Thanks to those of you who knew him well that are leaving comments. As someone that didn’t know him personally but followed him for decades on here I was always impressed by his positivity even with all the health issues. I’ve been reading comments on here today. I feel so awful for the loss his family and friends are experiencing. May God be with them

m8man

I have some pretty vivid riding memories w JD as well. Rode maybe 5x with him and I’ll share some at some point. Truly a great man, one can only hope that as good as stuff is said when it’s our time

M8man.

sunchyme

Very sad news. I will miss reading John's journal and his snow maps.

RIP Mr. Dee and condolences to the family.

Maybe one day Grace can continue the weekly journal in memory of her dad.