John Dee

My deepest condolences to Nora and Grace. I’ve been following the site since the ‘90s, attended multiple Ride In Fundraisers and even had the privilege to meet John at Bear Belly Lac La Belle. He was so kind to say Hi to us with his signature smile and I’ll always remember Grace saying “How come everybody knows you, Dad?”. Well, the truth is that he had a HUGE impact for so many of us that lived vicariously through his journal adventures, enjoyed his forecasts, and were a part of the John Dee “family” that he built through his site. My heart is heavy with the passing of this wonderful human. John, thank you so much for what you gave to us. Rest in peace. Think Snow!!!

mnystrom

My condolences to Nora and Grace and all his family/friends! John Dee will be missed but never forgotten! His weather forecast were spot on for us traveling UP North! Keep the Johndee going !!!

Hard to find words to express the feelings for the loss of John. Been on this board from the start. Meet John at Haydays years ago, thought he was a wonderful an sincere man. Meet some great people on this board who are snow junkies. When he first started snowchurch I was there almost everyday watching for the white stuff to come an John was always way ahead of all the other weather forecasts. My condolences go out to Nora, Grace an the rest of the family.

Last edited:

BigSix

Though I never met John, I feel like I know him personally via his Sunday night journal, Snow Church and his posts and responses on the forums. Prayers go out to Nora, Gracie and the rest of John's family and friends.

RIP, John. You will be missed.

jmvette427

Prayers and Condolences to the Dee family/ This site has been part of my Winter info for many years . We have lost a legend and will surely be missed. So as I travel down the trail this winter I will be grinning and thinking of you John! May you have deep powder and Bluebird skies! It is not goodbye but "See you Later" my Friend. RIP

jjj70095

RIP John. Never met him, but he will be missed by many. Hope the site continues. Great resource for people of the Northwoods and UP.

bouncer

I've been here roughly 15 years.
My heart and prayers go out to John's family.
I looked forward to reading John's journals each week.
I felt I knew him personally thru his writings.

John was one of the toughest Ombre's I've ever encountered.
Life threw him quite a few blows and he always fought back and landed right back on his feet.

God Bless you Nora and Grace.
Remember, John will always be by your side even though you can't see him.

Last edited:

snowsledder

Like some others have mentioned I rarely posted but have been perusing the site for many years, checking in every few days or more often during the winter. I always looked forward to reading John's journals and trusted his weather forecasts more than anyone else's. Never got the chance to meet him but what a great guy. He will be sorely missed...