Just a quick Poll WHO OUT THERE HAS INSHURED SLEDS

upsledder

One thing I'm not sure about is this:
Say two sleds are involved in a crash with considerable property damage but no injuries. Do the authorities make any effort to determine who is at fault or are the owners pretty much on their own?

yamahauler

I carry liability on my sled.

My father has snowmobiled for 50+ years and have never carried insurance. I ask him every year why not and he just says if you are riding that fast and stupid, then you need it. You your head and you'll be safe and never ever ride outside of your ability.

I agree with what he says 100% but for as cheap as liability is ($28/yr on my sled)..I don't see why you wouldn't. He does have 3 sleds now but at one time had 8 for the whole family so I guess it would get expensive.

helhuf

I have full coverage, and always have on any sled/bike/boat/atv/car/truck I have owned. I have a 10 Nytro XTX and the cost is $130 for full coverage. I have had friends who only had liability and crashed, the reair bill was $2600. He wished he had full coverage for the extra $50

upsledder

I have full coverage, and always have on any sled/bike/boat/atv/car/truck I have owned. I have a 10 Nytro XTX and the cost is $130 for full coverage.

You sure? That seems extremely cheap.

When I buy a new sled I run full coverage for two years and then go to liability only. I run the slight risk of losing a $3,000-$4,000 sled and save $200 a year. Seems the most sensible way to play the odds for me.

classic_rider

Ive always carried full coverage on my sleds,even if for piece of mind,had a sleddin buddy tell me years ago ,,i could absorb the cost of the sled if needed but i couldnt absorb the cost of hurting someone,,,,,,lotsa bills to be paid

G

G

Full coverage on everything I own plus a million dollar umbrella on top of the whole mess. In the times we live in I can't imagine any other way to do it. Too many idiots and sue-happy lawyers.

rakins800

full coverage on 2008 dragon 700 and two place trailer. $214.00 p/yr.
wouldnt think of riding without it since my buddy broke my leg in 2000.

boatssleds

Full coverage on 2005 Polaris 600 and 2006 Polaris 600 and trailer. $156.00 per year. Cheap as for as I'm concerned. If someone without insurance hits me, I hope the have a nice house or nice truck.

nic

Full coverage on sleds & trailer. I would do liability if I had an old machine that wasn't worth much. With sled prices these days, I can't understand how someone wouldn't have it. That being said- before everyone gets in the 'how much do you pay' insurance discussion- there are a TON of factors to consider there. On top of liability or full coverage... there are various limits, various deductibles, etc. It also varies where you live. And of course by insurance company. I've heard some say it's part of their homeowners- that was not allowed by my home policy. There are also state laws that bind some insurance companies as well. Definitely shop around- but don't panic when someone says their $11,000 machine costs only $100/mo. There is something not quite right there.

1blue99srx600

Both have full coverage. Prob could drop the srx down to liability only since it's not worth spit and hardly gets ridden anymore.

To me not having insurance is like riding without a helmet, just plain stupid. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

landoman

Full coverage on both sleds and both ATVs. I can afford a few dollars a month. I cant afford to lose everything I worked for when someone sues me.

docbubba

Full coverage. watched my sled burn to the ground last January, and had just put insurance on it for the first time in December. First question everybody and their brother asked me, "got insurance dude?" i said "oh yea."
Then they bought me sympathy beer.