Leftover Ski-doo?

nhra1000

Looking for new leftover 1200 Doo renegade...if anybody knows of any let me know....in process now of checking around.... might consider other model Renegades... thanks!

wirev

I have a 1200 and I love it but would not go that route again. My choice would be a 900 turbo, lighter and almost the same horses.

1fujifilm

I have a 1200 and I love it but would not go that route again. My choice would be a 900 turbo, lighter and almost the same horses.

I have to agree, this sled was put out to pasture and is dead meat.
Try a 900 N/A or turbo.
Remember, if you find a 1200 you may get a decent price up-front but you will get smoked upon sale time.

Bear

skidont

Looking for new leftover 1200 Doo renegade...if anybody knows of any let me know....in process now of checking around.... might consider other model Renegades... thanks!

The 1200 is a great trail sled . I just picked up another one for this year . I would have your dealer do a dealer locate , there may be some around . The price of a used 1200 is creeping up because people now realize what a great sled it is

snobuilder

lighter?....Really?...and by enough to mention?....LOL....I can tell you a fact....it sure as xxxx is alot HOTTER under the hood>>>>>LOL.....belts and clutches hate that......

When you weigh out all of the + and - between the 2....it is a wash at best.
Doo definitely DID NOT take a step forward with this move.....turbo schmurbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

blkhwkbob

I have to agree, this sled was put out to pasture and is dead meat.
Try a 900 N/A or turbo.
Remember, if you find a 1200 you may get a decent price up-front but you will get smoked upon sale time.

Bear
A lot of people keep their sleds more than three months and are not as obsessed about the sale and resale.

Attak man

Call us at Tomahawk Sports Center.. I believe we have a couple of used 1200s, ( I believe one's a renegade) no left overs though...call and ask for Neil 715-453-5373 (we have a couple slightly used 900 turbos, and 900 aces as well)

oktaneho

I think the 1200 runs 87 compared to premium for the turbo.

Correct, though I thought I read you can run 87 in the Turbo, you just won't get all the power?

- - - Updated - - -

Only a 2lb difference per BRP's specs.

2019 900T Renegade Adrenaline = 526 lbs
2017 1200 Renegade Adrenaline = 528 lbs

Hoosier

Correct, though I thought I read you can run 87 in the Turbo, you just won't get all the power?

- - - Updated - - -

Could be - I don't know doo's real well. Family member has a regular 900 non-turbo and it's fun to ride with my kid's. My twins take turns riding in front of me starting when they were 6, and it's nice since the sled is so quiet you can hear them laughing. Throttle is goofy though - not sure if that's the same on the 1200 or 900 turbo.

oktaneho

All the 900 (turbo and N/A), and the 2016-17 1200's have the same electronic throttle. They call it iTC and it is different than a typical cable throttle. You get used to it though.

old abe

I think the 1200 runs 87 compared to premium for the turbo. That would add up at northwoods prices over 20,000 miles.

There was a guy in Canada last year that ran 20K+ mile endurance test/run last year. Most all miles were run with non Prem/91fuel. I believe you can still find the log on the whole run on Doo talk.

snobuilder

There was a guy in Canada last year that ran 20K+ mile endurance test/run last year. Most all miles were run with non Prem/91fuel. I believe you can still find the log on the whole run on Doo talk.

Did you mean to say >NON-ETHANOL<91 PREM fuel??????....LOL....if you are running an endurance test why not use the best fuel available, EH?

ddhanna

Ski-doo is OK with non Prem/91fuel in a 900 so long as it ethanol free. Good luck finding it.