lost my hood by the bridge in Houghton- please help

snowshark94

A group of us were riding in the UP last weekend on April 5th around lunch time and we got to Quincy's north of the bridge in Houghton and one of the guys lost his HOOD on his 2008 ski-doo adrenaline 800. I checked the GoPro and he had the hood on his sled south of the bridge by the river in Houghton and when we got to Quincys a couple miles up it was gone. It is a yellow hood that slides in the front of his sled, it is pretty big. A couple of us went back to the bridge to find it, but had no luck, maybe it blew off the bridge into the river. If anyone saw it or picked it up can they let me know. I will get you a reward.

thanks,
Mike

F

fusion

Let me get this straight - he's RIDING his sled, with a group of people, the hood blows off, and you don't notice it fly by your head, or see it laying on the ground? (And no alcohol involved?)
What were you doing - 110?

IOWASLEDDER

Let me get this straight - he's RIDING his sled, with a group of people, the hood blows off, and you don't notice it fly by your head, or see it laying on the ground? (And no alcohol involved?)
What were you doing - 110?
Exactly what I was thinking........

jmvette427

I lost my bag of weed, I mean my tank bag, on trail 3 , anybody find it? oh wait ! that was earlier in the season . LOL

garyl62

. It is a yellow hood that slides in the front of his sled, it is pretty big.

If anyone needs some additional help knowing what this is, here is a parts diagram. Sorry it's not real dark but it's part number 1 in case you can't see it, just like the guy who's sled it blew off of!

convert.jpg

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, now we're up to speed. That's a pretty good size piece to miss as it's flying past your head...just sayin'. Good luck and I hope you find it.

randyb

I've never really liked how the doo hoods snap into place. This may convince me to zip tie mine down. BTW, it's a canal, not a river.

indy_500

My buddy was once trail riding my sled and lost a handguard I gave him so much crap for not seeing it go flying off but man a hood? Lolol

whitedust

Was this on an open trailer? While riding we notice trail permits flying off windshields & chase them down....but how do you not notice a hood flying off? :confused:

Pizza Man

I assumed he had it on a trailer too.
If he lost it while riding it, I'm glad I never met him coming down the trail at me !!

chad66

I have heard of people loosing the hoods off of a Rev, if you're the last guy inline with nobody else to see it go flying I can see how it can happen, I had a guy lose his whole APEX side panel at night and not know it...may have been after several bar stops though, I don't know! If anybody see's it or brings it into M&M I'll let you know.

Chad@M&M

rp7x

I know someone that lost a side cover for a iq turbo , but another group brought it to him lol

Ramsey

This thread makes me LOL.

I think I may have this mystery solved. Si Robertson talked about the Vietcong taking the wheels off of his deuce and a half while he was driving it, maybe the same group has taken up snowmobiling and they needed a hood. Repel down from the bridge and take it as the sled goes by.