Make-A-Wish sled restoration project.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Was the drawing for the Doo yesterday? If so does anyone know who the lucky winner was?

No, the drawing date on the tickets was printed incorrectly. The drawing date is Feb 2nd and will take place at the ride in banquet.

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

You are correct and it is noted right on the ticket once you get it. Just hang on to the ticket! Thanks for the purchase and good luck! I sure wish we had more snow so there would be more traffice up north to buy tickets at the Bug Bar.

snoluver1

You are correct and it is noted right on the ticket once you get it. Just hang on to the ticket! Thanks for the purchase and good luck! I sure wish we had more snow so there would be more traffice up north to buy tickets at the Bug Bar.

Yup, kinda disappointing with the snow situation. Especially hearing how the first bunch sold out in 4-5 days. Can only imagine how well they would have sold if there were actually some snow and traffic up there!

Dsbasecamp

Sales are going well. Dispite Lack of snow..Might have too replace the hood hinge...People just looking at A job well done. Lots of local people buying tickets.. Very nice to see.. Hope to sell out this bunch before the Pre-Party..

Thanks for letting us help Don & Donna

snoluver1

Sales are going well. Dispite Lack of snow..Might have too replace the hood hinge...People just looking at A job well done. Lots of local people buying tickets.. Very nice to see.. Hope to sell out this bunch before the Pre-Party..

Maybe we should prop the hood open a bit so people could see underneath without opening it every time. A sign saying "please don't touch" might do some good for preservation??

snoluver1

Good to hear sales are still going strong. :D Just makes me a little nervous hearing we might need to replace parts that are not readily available!!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
JUST A LITTLE Joking Around....People just love it...It's in Good Hands

Yea, we only dropped it 2 or 3 times trying to get through the doors and then once or twice getting it up on the display stand. Looks just like a typical boondocking sled now. ;)

Oh, and I think I found the key. Was it on an orange, Adams Lawn and Garden or Power Equipment Sales (or something like that) key holder?

-John

legend02

Got my ticket right after X-mas at the Mosquito, great to see the awesome job that was done on it in person :cool:

Last edited:

snoluver1

Yea, we only dropped it 2 or 3 times trying to get through the doors and then once or twice getting it up on the display stand. Looks just like a typical boondocking sled now. ;)

Oh, and I think I found the key. Was it on an orange, Adams Lawn and Garden or Power Equipment Sales (or something like that) key holder?

-John

You guys are killing me!!!!!!! I know its not "mine" anymore but really, your KILLING me here!!! ------:)

Yup, thats the key. Glad it popped up!

skiroule

What a Finale!

Like many of you out there, I waited with a fair amount of anticipation with regard to who would have the winning ticket. What a great outcome! To have the winner in attendance is the best you could hope for. Really adds something special to the event.

Over the course of this project I’m sure everyone involved has a favorite memory. Mine occurred in a salvage yard about 120 miles west of the Twin Cities, in the middle of nowhere, in January 2012. I’m rooting around for some things and my phone rings. WTH? I’m not expecting any calls out here. It’s Adam. He says: “Did you get my note about the clevis pin?”. I guess it was just the setting: Complete desolation, there’s no one else around, the wind is blowing, the prairie grass is waving (no snow), and I’m taking a call from a guy in Illinois. I got the clevis pin.

There are some intangibles that have come from this project that are just feel-good things. I will consider Adam and Karen to be friends for life – two people that I would most likely have never even met, were it not for this project.

Sorry it took so long to get to it but the main point of this post is to address you ticket buyers. There’s a line in the Jackson Browne song “The Load Out” in which he addresses his audience with the words: “You got up on your feet and made the show go.” You ticket buyers got up on your feet and made the show go, to the tune of almost $7000. Even if you didn’t win, you had a shot and I hope you feel good about your purchase.

A Very Personal Thanks,
Skiroule

D

Deleted member 10829

700 tickets is amazing! When I talked to John at the Mosquito Bar Friday night, he thought we would get to 400 tickets. That means tons of tickets were sold Friday and Saturday night. The John Dee Family comes through again!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you skiroule!

Adam told me about all you did and how you were responsible for almost all the parts that went into it, plus the boxes of spare parts that went along with the sled. Awesome!

It was also great to meet you and to get out for a little ride.

Take care.

-John

snoluver1

An AMAZING success!! I never even dreamed of selling that many tickets.

A huge thanks to all the John Dee community. A job well done folks!!:D

skiroule

It was also great to meet you and to get out for a little ride.

Take care.

-John

Likewise! and thanks for pulling me out when I augered in. I'd like to say it rarely happens but I think we all know better :)

Adam, hope you guys are back home safe, sound, and glad to be back at work.

snoluver1

Likewise! and thanks for pulling me out when I augered in. I'd like to say it rarely happens but I think we all know better :)

Adam, hope you guys are back home safe, sound, and glad to be back at work.

I'm pretty sure every one of us had to be pulled out at some point that day. I like to say, if you aren't gettin' stuck, it ain't deep enough! :) It was a great weekend of riding, in what turned out to be some good ol' fashioned Keweenaw conditions. Thanks John, for braving the cold and coming out to play with us!!

Made it home safe and sound. The back to work thing? I'll just leave that up to your imagination!;)