MI Trail Permit Price Increase

chords

You knew it was coming and will be set in stone for another 4 years when it will be reviewed again. New price is $52. Available Sept 1.

buddah2

I could swear the article I read said 5 years and the increases were already predetermined, but I could be mis-remembering...

ezra

Is any of the MI gas tax given back to the clubs ? MNUSA gets a small % of the gas tax baised on the number of registered sleds .

chords

Yes it is every 5 years.

(c) For permits valid for the 1-year period beginning October 1, 2016 and every fifth year thereafter, the state treasurer shall adjust the current permit fee by an amount determined by the state treasurer to reflect the cumulative percentage change in the consumer price index during the most recent 5-year period for which consumer price index statistics are available.

800etec

The price of these things will not go down folks......the dollar is NOT worth anthing anymore,it WILL go up again, sorrry.i didnt ride the trails in the UP this winter not because i didnt want to,but because when i had time there wasnt enough snow or it was too cold for my groups liking,we didnt care,we played cards in the garage.i had trail permits for Wis. and UP on all my sleds,and i will get em for next year too.when i dont want the freedom of riding these awesome trails i wont do it anymore. Who cares,dont buy em if ya dont like it.

xsledder

Oh God. Here we go again with this discuss! (Small price to pay side v getting expensive side. One would think that after the bickering between the two sides over the years and neither side giving, someone would just keep their opinions to themselves.)

whitedust

Imo all members can have their own opinion regarding the price of trail permits. You pay it and ride or don’t pay it and don’t ride. Always a choice no problem imo.

hermie

I think it should of went up to at least $60 prices are skyrocketing on everything. Grooming equipment gas to fuel the groomer and material just to do maintenance on bridges signs and other misc. Hard to believe with what we pay for sleds and gear people are complaining about $52 for a trail permit that most winter's gives you 4 months of opportunity to ride your snowmobile.

For me, I won't spend $50 (or more) on a trail permit for one day of riding. If I could get up to Calumet more than once or twice a winter, it might be worth it. When I do come up from the dairy land, I go straight out to Bootjack and ride (and support) the Valley Sno Drifter trails. Much more enjoyable trails without too much traffic. No, you won't get 200+ miles in a day of riding, but that isn't for me. The diversity of riding Portage Lake, through Point Mills and up to Lake Linden from Bootjack is perfect when you only have a day or two.

wiviperman

I remember when the price was $25 for the trail pass. My opinion is that it is definitely for a good cause so the money is worth it! The price increase is less than $1 per year for this next 5 year plan. Michigan does a very good job with their trails so the amount of money for the trail pass is working well for the trail system.

Ohio Cat

Took the kids skiing this year... one day lift ticket $48 per person. The $52 trail pass is an absolute steal. Thank you to the local clubs and MDNR for managing the trail system as well as you do.