Milwaukee Snowmobile Show

greyx

You missed nothing. We have been going for years but yesterday was the last time.
Very few vendors. Big O's only trailer dealer there. 3 0r 4 sellers at swap meet. No show special prices.
$12 to get in and $6 to park is OK with me if there are vendors and deals . Blame it on Covid if you want but the vendor list for Novi, Mi.
is much different than this s**t show. Yep, smaller and smaller every year. It's a joke.

Highflyer

Apparently that Wide open Wisconsin show (might have botched the name) split some of the vendors. Regardless, the show is still a fun event to get excited about sled season. If the only reason you are going is to get "deals" then you might as well just shop online, buy last years models, or at the end of the season. Hopefully the state of Wisconsin can get together and just have one big show that we all benefit from.

harvest1121

Very lackluster show Highlands Yamaha was not there who always has the deals. Wanted to spend $600 on a helmet but they told me they hope they come in soon. No Yamaha or Cat either if you wanted the latest Klim or Fxr it was not a bad show.

tjmaxx

I went today. Definitely gets smaller each year. They need to lower the ticket price and parking price. It's probably half the size it would
Have been 20 years ago. They even closed off half the bathroom so you don't use it. I went to the west bend one last year and I'd say it was just as good.

Overall I still enjoy going as it feels like the season is about to kick off.

chunk06

I knew before we went that it was probably going to be downsized. As soon as we pulled into the lot i knew it was downsized to the point that I would be disappointed. If it wasn't for UP North Sports, Rob's, Polaris, Ski Doo and Big O's there would have been nothing there. Can't really blame places for not coming, why would a trailer place come if they have nothing to sell? The big antique lineup was not there. Very few of towns were there with booths, I don't even recall seeing the DNR? When I walked by the Blast with Retro graphics being raffled off the guy told me to go ahead and sit on it, its the only new Arctic Cat here..... pretty sad

Last edited:

heckler56

Wow, I was going to meet my Illinois riding buddies but opted out of the 7 hour drive. After seeing this post I went and saw the vendor list, 1 small page! Let’s hope Novi lives up to some “normalcy”. Can’t expect the Canadians will show up.

scoot

The venders I've talked to (that used to go to the shows) say people want deals. Seems people today go to the shows to try stuff for fit, then order it somewhere else online cheaper. Its no wonder the venders stopped coming. Imo if you find something that works grab it before its gone. Myself, I knew what I wanted, and bought everything I needed within my first ten minutes at the West Bend show. Paid their prices and filled the back of the SUV. One and done shopping and I'm all set. And thanked them for bringing out everything I needed. My buddies, who procrastinated waiting for "the better deals" at the Milwaukee show, were more than a little disappointed. I guess now they're trying to find their sizes from the picked over stuff they can find online. ;)

heckler56

The venders I've talked to (that used to go to the shows) say people want deals. Seems people today go to the shows to try stuff for fit, then order it somewhere else online cheaper. Its no wonder the venders stopped coming. Imo if you find something that works grab it before its gone. Myself, I knew what I wanted, and bought everything I needed within my first ten minutes at the West Bend show. Paid their prices and filled the back of the SUV. One and done shopping and I'm all set. And thanked them for bringing out everything I needed. My buddies, who procrastinated waiting for "the better deals" at the Milwaukee show, were more than a little disappointed. I guess now they're trying to find their sizes from the picked over stuff they can find online. ;)
Agree. I have my list of parts and was hoping they actually would have product so I can get them. We lost our dealership here for my sleds so oil changes, skis, etc are elusive unless I want to drive 150 miles round trip (which most do not have stock anyway).

74Craig

when and where is the west bend show? is it put on by snowmobile usa as well?
It was in September this year.Its called Wide Open Wisconsin.They have a Facebook page that should have the future dates.It is not put on by Snowmobile USA

indy_500

I went, like said, not many vendors and zero sale prices. Probably won’t go again unless we’re just looking for something to do.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I know when I used to be involved in getting a space and going to the MKE show, the prices to rent even the smallest spot were getting out of hand. Then add any extra, like power, it was another $500. This is not the show promoters fault, but the venue. Oh, and that $500 power? It was just an extension cord from the outlet nearby to our booth!

wiviperman

I decided to skip going to the Milwaukee Snow Show this year. I have felt that this show has been declining for a very long time and that I would be disappointed, sounds like I was not wrong.
I have not been to the Novi, Michigan Snow Show, is it worth the trip?

wisco-mb

I went. I didn't have high expectations though. None of my buddies went. Still good to get the kid out and see some snowmobile related items.
People and vendors were definitely down. We still had a great time though!
I needed a new trailer cabinet and sled lift. I got both of those items for cheaper then online ordering(and was in stock!). I got all my clothing at Hay Days.
It was sad to see no Artic Cat/Yamaha. I couldn't remember if they were there two years.

euphoric1

I know when I used to be involved in getting a space and going to the MKE show, the prices to rent even the smallest spot were getting out of hand. Then add any extra, like power, it was another $500. This is not the show promoters fault, but the venue. Oh, and that $500 power? It was just an extension cord from the outlet nearby to our booth!
used to man booth at Con-Ex show with one of the manufacturers I represent, It has gotten a lot worse than that and you're right, the power amounted to having an "electrician" come, open a cover on the floor and plug an extension cord.