Munising fail.

bee1971

Are any of the clubs picking up trail 417 & 418? We were there this weekend and heard somebody had a fatal accident by AuTrain Friday. That trail had 3 to 4 ft moguls and was actually dangerous!! That railgrade saves 30 to 40 miles going from Marquette to Christmas and it never seems to be groomed.

Will be going there next weekend and would like to know if we need to take 8 and 7 (the long way).

By the way, I was in that area 3 weeks ago and 8 was horrific.......this weekend 8 and 7 were great!! Whatever happened, whoever is doing the grooming now, GREAT JOB!
Was like that in January also , could never get an answer on who grooms #417

jetrep

It may be time to change the thread title.

Girlfriend and I rode 2/21 and 2/22. We stayed at the Cherrywood Lodge.

Saturday: Rode 8 east to 41/413/7 for lunch at Big Spring Inn. Took 7 back. This is my first time riding 7 on a sled in ten years. They took out some of my favorite tighter woods stuff on 7 and made it all super highway. I was disappointed in that. Anyway, there were some bumps here and there but it really wasn't bad. GF was on an 02 Edge and didn't complain one bit.

Sunday: Woah cold. Did a short ride this day. Rode north on 419 to the Pictured Rocks stuff. This was the roughest trail by far. The we took off on 8 to 7 to eat at the Buckhorn. The trails were perfect. You could go as fast as you wanted

snocrazy

I did not like that trail change either on 7. That was some fun stuff. Old trail is still there for most part ;) They did a bunch of logging back in there.

dickmsp

Just posted awesome saddlebag ride on trail reports. Trails around Munising and christmas were great-- even on a way busy fri afternoon / evening!
Whoever took over grooming is doing a great job..

megan600

Has anyone ran the trail up through AuTrain to Marquette recently? Like past Lakenenland? that is the only area I have not rode in up there since the new grooming has taken over, and before it was...it was horrible and we turned back. Want to do that next weekend if its good.
thanks!