My Second Vintage sled project........1979 Polaris TX 340

fishingful

here are a few pics I snapped today. The old iron is getting closer.........

I am in the process of fixing a 1980 Polaris TX 340. It was crashed into a fence and bent up the tie rods. (some of the frame also) the long one in the picture is the one bent. But I am having a problem finding them. I can find the ends just not the rods. I see that you made them. Does anyone have a lead to buy them? This is my first sled and it was given to me. I am in Ohio if that matters. I am pretty handy just learning as I go. Learned a bunch here.

I will get some pictures and make a thread. Just wanted to ask here first. Nice job on it!

kirk600

I used 6061 solid aluminum rod from a metal supply store, then drilled and tapped the ends after I cut it to length. One end has left handed threads... Kelly has mentioned he straightens the original then installs second piece over it to strengthen, like a sleeve. That may be easier way to go.

kirk600

Well folks i haven't had much chance to work on the sleds this winter, let alone ride them. We Formed a one night Neighborhood watch patrol, and here is our method of transportation.