New skis and carbides for my 2006 xfire 6

mn_snowman

I'm thinking of upgrading my skis on my 2006 Crossfire 6 and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a good set of skis and carbides. I ride mostly trail but get off-trail maybe 20% of the time. My track is a 1 1/4 camo ripsaw and is not studded--I don't plan to stud it. My current skis are the stock ones. Any suggestions on skis and carbides? Thanks!

harvest1121

I would just use the stock skis and berstrom triple points with the ski savers. I had a 2005 Firecat and used the stock skis it made a big improvement getting them over stock.

ezra

stock cat ski is not a bad set up for the xfire.I had powder pro thay were ok.I liked them better on my zr.I went back to a set stock M saddleless ski's I picked up from a guy on snowest. new never used for 125 shiped with carbide.good allaround ski.I also had a set of c&a xt not good for that sled verry hard steer I thought I was going to get popeye arms.

russ

ive got the slp skis on mine they are the first gen powder pros and they rock my buddy has the simmons on his and we both switched sleds and he loved my skis.. the simmons dont have enough keel on them for turning. as for powder i ran neck and neck with the simmons. now as for side hilling the simmons kicked my butt

NOW for carbides go with the bergstrom tripple points.. nothing out there beats them. they last forever and work great

mn_snowman

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the info! Looks like Bergstrom triples are the carbides...now it's stock M saddless, Simmons, or SLP... Hmmmm...what's better for trails? (being I'm on trails most of the time.)

indy_500

i got some c&a pro ski's with 10 inch carbides. should work out great. i haven't ridden with them yet though.

W

winter_time

i would say the simmons are better on the trail they flex easily which soaks up some of the bumps and you always have a carbide on the trail when the ski turns it lifts one edge and drops the other which results in ultimate traction. We put a set of these skis on my dads switchback and it was like a night and day difference with ski traction in the corner and it doesnt seem to be as hard hitting in the front end on the bumps. off trail really made the difference i was never able to carve easy with the stock skis and once i switched them i could throw that sled all over without any problem. If i were to spend money on new skis the only way i would go is simmons ive rode a friends sled with slps and the did not seem to be much difference from stock.

ezra

just asking I have thought of the simmons how are thay when aggresive trail when riding sugar snow ?seems like with no real keel coming in to a corner hot on soft trail thay would not perform. I dont know that is why I ask

W

winter_time

i would say the simmons are better on the trail they flex easily which soaks up some of the bumps and you always have a carbide on the trail when the ski turns it lifts one edge and drops the other which results in ultimate traction. We put a set of these skis on my dads switchback and it was like a night and day difference with ski traction in the corner and it doesnt seem to be as hard hitting in the front end on the bumps. off trail really made the difference i was never able to carve easy with the stock skis and once i switched them i could throw that sled all over without any problem. If i were to spend money on new skis the only way i would go is simmons ive rode a friends sled with slps and the did not seem to be much difference from stock.

russ

before you buy any skis u can always ask around in some of the resorts or at the bars and see ifs someone would let u try there sled ive done this in the past. some people will look at u like your nuts others are cool.
i found my slp will out turn any crossfire in the sugar do to the deeper keel. most guys are running eather the slp's , simmons, and powder pros. you will always get pros and cons on all
its what feels best in your hands.