New sled

sledneck

Im looking for a new sled this summer. Ive been considering every brand as i want to have what people feel is the best moutain sled out there. Relability is a big factor to i want to ride instead oh having it sit in the shop. At this point im leaning towards the polaris pro rmk. So any input is appreciated. Please and thanks.

Sledneck.

D

Deleted member 10829

I avoided posting to this as I'm not a mountain rider, but I can't believe no one has posted yet! From everything you read and hear, I think you are leaning in the right direction for sure!

cuzzinolaf

Polaris or Arctic Cat. I'm a bit biased to Cat and suggest that you test ride both before deciding. Chad at M&M has some Pro-Climbs.

fgsacts

I have had two M7's and two M8's for a reason. If I wasn't riding Cat's I would be on the Poo. I have had very few issues with the M's that I have not caused myself. Talk to Chad at M&M if interested in one. Only thing I have heard (and seen) negative about the new RMK is that the running boards are very weak and break under normal use. This may be limited to just a few sleds and not wide spread. Research it.

indy_500

negative about the new RMK is that the running boards are very weak and break under normal use.
new running boards for 2013

dont know how it can get any better
poopro.jpg

kraven700

new running boards for 2013

dont know how it can get any better
poopro.jpg

With BELT DRIVE and 417 lbs dry weight, that is the sled to have!

At the AMERCIAN SNOWMOBILER shoot-out in December, the Ski-Doo and Poo were heads up.

The suzuki Arctic Cat 800 wasn't even close, just the facts

polarisrider1

Problem with this type of post is it creates bashing. Ezra, at this point in your JDee posting career you know this. I love my RMK Pro 800. No problems with 600 miles on it plan on another 500plus for year. No motor or board issues. Only complaint I have is the flat black windshield shows marks from anything that rubs against it such as branches. And the back bumper is way light duty for pulling out sleds. My Doo buddies really like it over there XP summits and are considering ordering a 2013 Poo. You won't go wrong with an RMK, Summit or an M8.

misty_pines

That new RMK looks sweet. Also, in about a week Doo is rumored to be coming out with a new mountain sled. You might want to check that out as well to compare. Lots of good choices out there.

willey

and having the chaincase lock up and the primary clutch stick? no thank you :)

And indy said this the other day about the new Poo belt drive "I personally think that new drive system will be diamond drive #2 ". Can't quite understand where you come up with this stuff???

ezra

I think the belt drive will be sweet but I think it is going to limit a guys gear choice.I don't think you will have more than a few belt /gear choices.Unless it is going to be a remote tension belt and I don't think it will be but hard to say I know it would cost more and weigh more than just a fixed length belt.
95% of the buyers wont know the diff they just like to say they have the new belt drive system and only understand that it is new and that is good enough to impress the neighbor.

this is CMX system been out for yrs

http://www.crazymtn.com/sifiso/pages/cmxds.html

Last edited: