NOT an April fools joke!

indy_500

The storm tomorrow showed rain for the past week on the forecast models… now out of nowhere today it’s turned to snow. Just listened to Steve Beylon say Green Bay could see a foot or more on the local news and I was dumbfounded as I did not see this coming. He said all the forecast models switched to snow today and are all in agreement. Thought it was an April fools joke at first, until I checked the models myself…Appleton area by me is showing slightly less than GB. Where was this 2 months ago!! IMG_7341.png

euphoric1

I haven't heard anything resembling what that map shows but I will say .... GOD I HOPE NOT!!! nothing but a hinderance at this point!! WHAT A JOKE!!!

timo

LOL
Still got that shirt I didn't have to eat from two weeks ago Armageddon snowfall they were projecting.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, happens almost every year about this time. We're flying out Thursday morning for Florida, so maybe you guys can get this mess cleaned up before we get back. ;)

Airman68

Told my wife that it's not over at least til the 3rd week of April and had no idea this was even a thing. I love snow but this is just an insult after the season we've had. The 15.1 is right over me. Ugh...

mezz

There is currently a difference between the GFS & Euro models for the UP, specifically the Keweenaw. GFS indicates up to 8", Euro shows around an inch, NWS shows around an inch, local TV6 weather indicates 3-6" for us while other sources say an inch or less with rain mixed. Temps by Thurs through the week-end currently stating 40's to near 50. Your guess is as good as anybodys as to what this may or may not do. The only thing consistant about this weather is that it has been a constant crap shoot.

racerx

Kind of crazy as I had a disagreement with the wife as she mentioned 3-5 yet on the radio (Eagle River station) all day at work I heard rain changing to light snow all day UNTIL the ride home it was changed to 3-5. Mud month has turn in mud months up here in that we are having a lot of freeze/thaw cycles.

dfattack

Half forecasted totals and gone within a day of that. Sun is strong and warm temps are always following the events. I looked on the cameras a couple nights ago and looked like a blizzard. Next day it was gone

eagle1

Came out from gym this afternoon and had to brush my truck off.😭. Grounds currently covered and pine trees are drooping bad.😡.
Might melt right away but just makes a pain in butt to work in when u work outside!!!!
More snow in March /April than actual winter 👎👎

hermie

The El Niño pattern is gone
If it's not gone they say it definitely has weaken a lot from what it was and should be gone soon. Then they are thinking La Nina to form. Just crazy the temperature swings the oceans are having these days or Maybe they always have but we never heard about it.🤷

LoveMyDobe

I just woke up saw on weather.com we are in a winter storm warning for Bayfield co! Mainly upper peninsula. Last weeks storm was over a foot and I was snowed in for work in Superior for 3 days. The trails are closed up here but the TriCountyCorrider which was groomed and the Forest Roads were busy with what we thought was the last HOORAH. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

bobt

3 models, take your pick!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_183743_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_183743_Gallery.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240401_183730_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_183730_Gallery.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240401_183718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_183718_Gallery.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 37

bobt

NWS for Florence County, should all be gone in 1 or 2 days,,,,sunny & 40's Friday and sunny & 50's Saturday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402_062340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240402_062340_Samsung Internet.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 12

Airman68

LOL, all those maps show anywhere from 16-30" at my location. This is the one time, ever, I have not hoped for snow. I cant even get to my sled if I wanted it, put away for the season.

indy_500

Nothing but rain so far on the northeast side of Appleton (by the 41/441 interchange). At home on the north side of Greenville it’s been solid snow for 2+ hrs. 12 mile difference… crazy!!!