Official John Dee Snow Central Family Thread #179 (33,341)

squat

Well snow is starting to fly in some parts. Sure getting the itch once deer season is over. Here is a new thread to help bring on the snow!

bigvin

Squat's Itch,....

Brian,...

You better get that itch checked out! :)
But I do smell what you're steppin' in bro.
Can't wait for the snow either. I HATE this grey and dead time of the year.
Get the winter tires and rims put on tomorrow,... and will put the summer ones away.
Will also put the Bike and Mowers away,... and pull out the sleds!
Ahh,... the beginning of another year!

Haven't "posted" in awhile,.... though I DO check in a lot.
(Mostly around 3 or 4 in the morning while at work).
Speaking of work,......
Well,.. lets just say that I seem to always be in a "zombie state" on my "days off"
Working very weird hours and getting old don't do well for the mind and soul.
If we have a good winter,... at least I will have my Monday thru Thursdays to have
the trails to myself,.... cuz the weekends will be spent working.

Hope everyone is doing well.
I spoke to Woody a couple weeks back,....
He is going to get married AGAIN!
The damn fool is head over heels in love.
Miss that boy.

Looks like some parts of Wisconsin and Min-NO-Snow-ta will get some early snow
like Brian mentioned. I don't get too excited until the first part of December or so.
With all this expected rain,.... a good FREEZE would be a good start!

Well, my daily chores and a hot cup of coffee await me,..
Everyone be safe and healthy.
And you hunters BE CAREFUL.

God Bless Y'all
~Brotha Vin

mrsrunningbear

HI :)....We booked our room for the Ride In today, stayin 2 nights and we're riding up this year!

We've had lots of help at the resort lately,
Bear hurt his back and was unable to get around or do anything for weeks, we had a full resort and I was swamped and barely keeping up let alone get the place ready for winter but our friends we met through this site came to the rescue :D AnnaWL and her hubby (met during the Paulding Light Weekend) have been unreal Anna has stayed to help me for over 2 weeks now and won't be going home till the 20th talk about above and beyond!! Squat and Julies also came over for a weekend and did all kinds of stuff! Talk about LUCKY to have such nice friends!!

Soooo with all that said I now can say, the plow truck is ready, the grounds are raked, the cabins are ready for winter LET IT SNOW!!!!

squat

Awww you rock Mike and Linda, more that welcome to help!

Randy, Me and Guy were thinking of making a winter and summer run over your way to ride with you. Still got the same number?

kaboolie

Here too!!

Your welcome Linda, wish we could have done more.

Can't wait for the snow to fly!!! Squat's got my sled running great now he needs to fix the trailer after the little mishap at last years ride in!! We'll get our room booked too Linda so we can ride up together.

Vinnie don't worry i take care of his itch for him!! lol

Later
Kaboolie

Bradzoo

Ya its been nuts 65-70hrs a week, no time to get on at work or at home, my youngest son decided he want to come back and live with us so the past 6 weeks been alittle crazy, got him moved in and trying to get things around to get him into college next year, getting ready for for hunting and getting ready for winter hasn't left alot of free time. Hope all has been well.

russholio

Hey Mrs. RunningBear... Mrs. Russholio here... We're coming to the ride in this year! I made a reservation for us at Lori's! I'm so excited to be able to come up for this! We've wanted to for a long while!

mrsrunningbear

Hey Mrs. RunningBear... Mrs. Russholio here... We're coming to the ride in this year! I made a reservation for us at Lori's! I'm so excited to be able to come up for this! We've wanted to for a long while!

Excellent!!! Can't wait to meet you guys!! We'll all have to tag up and ride! A bunch of us will be riding up from our resort...it's going to be a FUN year!!

pfd_crew

Well its still a little slow around here, wait til snow starts to pile up and trails open, im sure it will pick up quite a bit. Sounds like they have had some at the house in munising, i hoping to head up there in a couple weeks to finish getting sled ready, and hopefully get a little hunting in. all is well here, lots of hours right now, 80+ this week and next, 60+ for most of the year it seems. It will be worth it when im in da yoop this winter. Hope all is well with everyone, hoping to meet up with da fam at the ride in.
Just a quick pick of the little one while i was up north a few weeks ago, she sure loves sitting on sleds already, couple years she should be able to tag along!!! Im definately excited for that.
everyone take care,

Attachments

• bugsleddin.jpg
    bugsleddin.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 78

windingtrailgal

pfd, she looks ready right now! Load her up - she'll just fall asleep anyway! :eek: And ditto on her being incredibly cute!

Mrs Bear - I was looking for pics of you on your new ride! Maybe in your cam shot? Parked right in front of that tree?

mrsjac95

Hey All!

I saw some flakes around here not too long ago... hopefully they come back with all their friends soon!

Big Bro Vinnie! So good to hear from ya! YEPPERS Our Mr. Woody got himself a Bride! He's all married now - Mrs. Woody seems to be takin good care of him!!

Jeff - The Little Bug looks adorable on that sled!!! Totally natural!

Brad - I hear ya on the being busy! With Jim over the road truckin' I'm here holding down the fort. Working long hours and lots of work for school and then mix in the kid's school work - the Campbell Clan is BUSY! Thankfully the boys are really good at helping with the chores around the house. We are doing a good job keeping things going while Jim is gone. He is busting his arse out on the road and gets home maybe one day a week. Sure wish he could find a job so he's home everyday with us... I can't complain too much though there are more families out there with their Husbands/Wifes in the military far far from home for a lot longer... GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

Y'all have a GREAT WEEK!

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

kaboolie

PDF, I started my little girl right after her 2nd birthday. Bought her the lightest helmet I could find and a youth race collar to keep her head from banging around too much and a 5 point harness that strapped her to me. She never fell asleep in the car but fell asleep on the sled all the time her first year. She's 9 now and thinks she wants to ice race her 120!! Start em early!!!

pfd_crew

Thanks, shes something else, and she will be dads sleddin buddy for sure, i might rent a snowcoach for a few days this season to get her out and about, plus sam is itching to ride after taking the season off last year. dec. 26th we will be in munising for 14 days, boy am i ready!! heading up this weekend to change hyfax, and clean up sleds for the season. Im planning on the ride in, havent made reservations yet, but its marked off the schedule for me!!! Im on night 10 of 13 straight, whew its been a long couple weeks, almost done though, i hear da yoop calling me. Have a great week everyone.

kaboolie

Becareful putting her in a snow coach, I've seen more kids in tears on them then sitting on a sled. Apparently they don't have good suspension and it can be a real rough ride. Just my 2 cents

classic_chic

Happy belated birthday to my wonderful hubby - Eric! Here's what he got for his birthday - only a week early....It's his first deer! WOOHOO!! Now to get a deep freeze - we don't have enough room for all of that venison! :p
DSCN5241.jpg
Happily deer season ended last weekend when it was relatively warm out! Wouldn't want to be out in this cold today! 16 when I woke up! BRING ON THE SNOW!

Jeff - that is one cute little girl you got there! So fun that she wants to go riding! YEAH!

Hey Drifty! You guys have plans for Cable yet? I defintely want to get up there again this year!