Oldest snowmobile item you own

bayfly

His and her arctic cat sweaters that came with the new 1972 Arctic Cat Panther that my parents bought when I was 10 years old. The sweaters were handed down from my parents and came with the original boxes. Price on the boxes is $15.95 each, but I think they came as free accessories. If I recall correctly they got $100 worth of merchandise with the sled.

blkhwkbob

Probably my wrist mirror. All my other stuff has come and gone but I still have the same wrist mirror from when I started a long time ago, and I never ride without it. If you don't have one, get one.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
His and her arctic cat sweaters that came with the new 1972 Arctic Cat Panther that my parents bought when I was 10 years old. If I recall correctly they got $100 worth of merchandise with the sled.
I'm not sure if the other brands had the freebies but I recall that Cat did. In our case, our new Cat came with a case of Snobil Oil. (spelled correctly) It came in one quart cans and was green in color. I can't recall what I had for lunch yesterday but I do remember that case of oil and what it smelled like when it burned.

meoget

A pair of factory Arctic Cat boots that came with my uncles new '94 Jag. I used them up until last year, but they really don't fit well and have since been retired. Still have them though.

SHOOT2KILL

Still have 1000+ sled magazines pamplets brochures i have saved since 1968...I sold a bunch of the racing related stuff a few years ago @ vintagesleds for crazy prices...Oldest piece of clothing i still have is a factory Team Arctic racing hat from the 79/80 season...Still have 2 all color brochures for the infamous 1982 Yamaha SRX 500...They were center pullouts from sled magazines at the end of the 81 season...Sold 1 to a guy in Nova Scotia for $100.00...

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I call this one, Old Blue. I can't tell you how old she is, maybe John could as these haven't been for sale for quite a few years.
She's retired now, we logged many a miles on many of trips together. Nowadays, one of my favorites for the recliner in front of the TV on a cold winter's night. I can't think of anything from my snowmobiling that is any older and I'm more fond of.

Old Blue.jpg

maddogg

My mother still has a early 1970's complete Polaris jacket/bid and boot set. Probably has the matching helmet somewhere too lol.

nytro_rtx

I still have my 1974 Kitty Cat with the original owner's manual and a couple of Kitty Cat patches from back the also.

old abe

I call this one, Old Blue. I can't tell you how old she is, maybe John could as these haven't been for sale for quite a few years.
She's retired now, we logged many a miles on many of trips together. Nowadays, one of my favorites for the recliner in front of the TV on a cold winter's night. I can't think of anything from my snowmobiling that is any older and I'm more fond of.
Right at 20 years ago gary! I was just looking at my Think Snow cap a couple of days ago.

dvision

I ran across a funnel that my dealer gave to me when I got my first new sled in '79. Still use it but the screen in the bottom is long gone and it doesn't get used for sledding.