Out west riding

ac600sp

Was driving home from Twin Lakes today and chatting with the guys. Thinking about going out west next year. Where is a good place to go that has accommodations for parking, night life , lodging and riding? We are all well above average riders, some have been out west before. What time of the winter is best for the area? We will be bringing our own sleds, all are 141"-144" with 2" tracks. Any info would be great.

indy_500

Above average riders with crossover sleds? Sounds like me a couple years ago :D you'd be hard pressed to find a better set up than Togwotee mountain lodge. Bar, restaurant, gas station, lodge, cabins, rentals, guides, etc. Right all there for you. One of the pricier places to go but they make it so easy for you.

ezra

night life and western riding ha . even when I was a young buck those 2 tings did not go together well for me. kind of like ski towns bars dead at 10 .look in to cook or alpine both good with out getting raped. snowies can be good but even more traffic than tog if u stay on east side
. I would say worth the drive around to ryan park but no night life. yeah tog has it all deff the Midwest park and ride

Last edited:

ezra

yeah a day of digging and jumping side to side at 10k 2 beers and I am done . I sleep better on west trips than I do any other time

chicagosledder

The night life part will probably be skipped once you get out there. After riding all day the last thing you'll want to do is party. But if you are looking for nightlife I would suggest staying in Jackson and trailering to Tog, there is no night life in Tog, a bar with all guys probably isn't what you're looking for.

cooksend

So many times we have had intentions to go out a couple nights when we go west and it just never seems to happen. Let me take that back, Cooke City killed us one night, LOL. Where have the guys in your group been? What are you looking for in night life? Are you wanting to ride from your cabin or hotel? So many great options. Heck I will never scratch off all those on my bucket list... Jackson is a pretty happening spot but adds some expense to the trip!

Hoosier

I remember our 1st trip West. We planned to drive back through the night after our last day riding, which is what we normally do on a trip with a long distance to travel. We got done riding about 4, were in the truck by 5, and looking for a hotel by 7. No one could keep their eyes open. We were all under 30 then too. It's hard to understand until you do it.

It's probably worth hitting Jackson one night but I wouldn't want to drive up and down the mountain every day. If you go to Jackson, just plan to cut that day you drive down a little shorter.

renegade600

Hard to beat West Yellowstone. We went out a couple yeas back... flew out with our gear and rented sleds for (4) days..... no driving, no loading, just riding..... was awesome, and got stuck alot..... :)
Tom

ezra

why do u want to drive 15hrs to go out and pretend u are going to get some ***** and feel like chit at 10 k feet the next day only good part about the whole thing is the life long chit u get to give the guy who vomits in his helmet the next day Joe N . that is what cheep air fare to Vegas is for

polarisrider1

why do u want to drive 15hrs to go out and pretend u are going to get some ***** and feel like chit at 10 k feet the next day only good part about the whole thing is the life long chit u get to give the guy who vomits in his helmet the next day Joe N . that is what cheep air fare to Vegas is for

So totally agree.

600_RMK_144

Yep. 100% certain I would have barfed had I made the mistake of drinking. I was real close as it was. RIDE, EAT, SLEEP, REPEAT.

Hoosier

Above average riders with crossover sleds? Sounds like me a couple years ago :D you'd be hard pressed to find a better set up than Togwotee mountain lodge. Bar, restaurant, gas station, lodge, cabins, rentals, guides, etc. Right all there for you. One of the pricier places to go but they make it so easy for you.

Well above average at that.