Perkins has closed in Minocqua

dfattack

Perkins here in Hayward closed a couple months ago. They were only open from 6am-2pm due to staff issues. These unemployment benefits need to end now!
It's not just the unemployment benefits although that is a serious issue. Some of it is social media and youtube. Seems like so many people now have channels and are getting paid to post things online. I lost one 15 year old kid who was making $55,000 per year recording himself playing with toy dinosaurs and posting it. Not kidding. Also lost a couple young girls to only fans. Hard to compete with those that are using the web to post content and get paid for it. Who would have thought we would be competing with the internet for labor?

whitedust

It's not just the unemployment benefits although that is a serious issue. Some of it is social media and youtube. Seems like so many people now have channels and are getting paid to post things online. I lost one 15 year old kid who was making $55,000 per year recording himself playing with toy dinosaurs and posting it. Not kidding. Also lost a couple young girls to only fans. Hard to compete with those that are using the web to post content and get paid for it. Who would have thought we would be competing with the internet for labor?
Hard to compete with hand and feet models. Lol

ICT Sledder

Perkins should close everywhere. I have no idea how chain breakfast joints make a go of it. If there's one thing chains suck at and local mom and pop joints excel at, it's breakfast grub.

pclark

Friendship House in Rhinelander is good, ate there last Friday, was a little shocked when the bill arrived. we had a club sandwich, onion rings, an omelette and two sodas. $39.00 plus tip and we were out of there for $47.00, Yikes! We can eat lunch at Anglers in MW and have a couple of beers and it's $10.00 cheaper. The prices just went up in the last month, and for that, I blame Brandon....FJB!

dfattack

Friendship House in Rhinelander is good, ate there last Friday, was a little shocked when the bill arrived. we had a club sandwich, onion rings, an omelette and two sodas. $39.00 plus tip and we were out of there for $47.00, Yikes! We can eat lunch at Anglers in MW and have a couple of beers and it's $10.00 cheaper. The prices just went up in the last month, and for that, I blame Brandon....FJB!
Brandon, fauci, china, WHO…all of them. This sucks

hybrid

yep 50 bucks including tip for 2 peps pretty much going rate everywhere these days
if u want something halfway decent

pclark

yep 50 bucks including tip for 2 peps pretty much going rate everywhere these days
if u want something halfway decent
BB (Before Brandon) it was $25. Who are the 30% of the people that think he's doing a good job?

dvision

Perkins closed? Sure hope there aren't folks still sitting in there waiting for their food. Probably wouldn't be out of the ordinary wait time.....

jjj70095

So there will be two breakfast places in Minocqua that are only open 6-2pm and they will be located withing like a block of each other.
The one that is there now next to HR BLOCK , and the one that will be next to the Chinese food place on rt 70. Do any of you like the Chinese place?
I think the food is good, if it is fresh and not been sitting there for a while.

pclark

So there will be two breakfast places in Minocqua that are only open 6-2pm and they will be located withing like a block of each other.
The one that is there now next to HR BLOCK , and the one that will be next to the Chinese food place on rt 70. Do any of you like the Chinese place?
I think the food is good, if it is fresh and not been sitting there for a while.
I didn't even know the Chinese place served breakfast. There is a place on 47 just east of the stoplights at 47/51 in Woodruff for breakfast, I've never been there but it's busy all the time. There is the place up by the Kwik Trip on the corner of 70/51 but it has sporadic hours. And.... there is a Starbucks opening for you Coffee snobs (my wife is one of them) I think their coffee is way overpriced and bitter, personally. That's all I have!

hybrid

There is the place up by the Kwik Trip on the corner of 70/51 but it has sporadic hours
Its the Wild Boar and they have decent food when open
there open more hours in the summer months
herd Paul Bunyans is not going to open again this year
thats a pretty expensive property to let sit year after year
but its difficult to open the doors when you cant find decent help

pclark

Its the Wild Boar and they have decent food when open
there open more hours in the summer months
herd Paul Bunyans is not going to open again this year
thats a pretty expensive property to let sit year after year
but its difficult to open the doors when you cant find decent help
Yep, that's it, Wild Boar, unfortunatly Paul Bunyans probably won't ever open again, like you stated the land is worth more that what profit they could make on selling meals and dealing with labor. Was thinking how expensive it is to eat out the other day and what a hard thing it would be to try and make a living running a bar or restaurant.

Have you tried the Chinese place? is it Chinese food or just American breakfast/lunch food?

hybrid

Yep, that's it, Wild Boar, unfortunatly Paul Bunyans probably won't ever open again, like you stated the land is worth more that what profit they could make on selling meals and dealing with labor. Was thinking how expensive it is to eat out the other day and what a hard thing it would be to try and make a living running a bar or restaurant.

Have you tried the Chinese place? is it Chinese food or just American breakfast/lunch food?
have not been to the place by Triggs
but i have been to the Chinese joint in woodruff several times
its across hwy 47 from the lumberjack shows and it is excellent
Mavericks mexican is there too and is excellent as well

I didn't even know the Chinese place served breakfast. There is a place on 47 just east of the stoplights at 47/51 in Woodruff for breakfast, I've never been there but it's busy all the time. There is the place up by the Kwik Trip on the corner of 70/51 but it has sporadic hours. And.... there is a Starbucks opening for you Coffee snobs (my wife is one of them) I think their coffee is way overpriced and bitter, personally. That's all I have!
Paul.... the place on 47 just east of the lights in Woodruff is the Holiday Cafe...our Stg club has our annual breakfast ride there every year.
Cheap and large portions......they also have lunches and friday fish fry.........Nothing fancy, but good food and locals love it.

jjj70095

The Chines place on rt 70 West by Triggs does not serve breakfast. The new breakfast place is going where Cousins Sub used to be, right next to the Chinese Place. The Chinese place has good food, if it is freshly cooked. The buffet is $16 and incudes a drink.