Perkins has closed in Minocqua

pclark

Paul.... the place on 47 just east of the lights in Woodruff is the Holiday Cafe...our Stg club has our annual breakfast ride there every year.
Cheap and large portions......they also have lunches and friday fish fry.........Nothing fancy, but good food and locals love it.
Tanks for the info Ken, we'll try it for lunch next time.

pclark

have not been to the place by Triggs
but i have been to the Chinese joint in woodruff several times
its across hwy 47 from the lumberjack shows and it is excellent
Mavericks mexican is there too and is excellent as well
Thanks Hybrid

blkhwkbob

Where I live in Des Plaines, Il, I can literally walk to four different breakfast places that are all better than anything up there. But, it's Des Plaines, Il.
The whole food game in the Northwoods is really bad overall. You can go to bars and eat the burger or the chicken sandwich, or go to an overpriced steak place that really isn't that good. Of course, there's always the fish fry and the prime rib on Saturday that usually runs out by 7pm. Years ago, the food up there was really good. Not so much anymore.

snomoman

Where I live in Des Plaines, Il, I can literally walk to four different breakfast places that are all better than anything up there. But, it's Des Plaines, Il.
The whole food game in the Northwoods is really bad overall. You can go to bars and eat the burger or the chicken sandwich, or go to an overpriced steak place that really isn't that good. Of course, there's always the fish fry and the prime rib on Saturday that usually runs out by 7pm. Years ago, the food up there was really good. Not so much anymore.
Yeah I think the Covid issue has just rung everybody out to dry, now it’s picking up the pieces and trying to establish a decent reputable place, I see you live in Des Plaines, I live in North Aurora, there are plenty of good places to eat here for sure, it’s a whole different world in the Northwoods… but I like it… there’s a trade-off, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages as far as the beautiful scenery, the sites and smells and of course the snowmobiling, The wife and I rarely go out to eat, we cook everything ourselves, that way we have complete control over it, I find it hard to eat restaurant food, it’s so damn salty, all I want to do is drink water for the rest of the day

jjj70095

Mincoqua will now have 5 breakfast places, not counting Island Cafe. This restaurant will be the only one open past 2 pm though.

hybrid

Herd Era has great food from several people and its always packed when i drive past in the morning and again on my way home at supper time
Got to stop and check it out after the newness wares off some and not so busy