Pick up bed liner

joks79

Are you thinking spray in or drop in? I've been happy with my Rhino Liner. There are several good spray in ones out there that are good. I've heard good things on Line-x but I've never had one.

eao

I always purchase the GM drop in liner and it has never cost me more than $200. Spray in liners are expensive and permanent and IMO no better.

Last edited:
Bed liners? Plastic drop in slippery as ****, spray in doesn't protect from dents but isn't slippery, I use the rubber mat type, protects floor from dents, isn't slick, can be removed easily if you want, so there, take your pick.

Brent

ezra

they all suck in one way . I also have been using the rubber mat on last 2 trucks.
few issues when driving a sled in they push forward. the wheel wells still get banged up and bed sides scratched up.
but heck it is a truck that is what they are for.

eao

Easy to slide has advantages. I never have to crawl up in the bed to remove anything, I juse use a garden rake (found lying in the middle of road) and can slide anything in and out with ease.

ezra

but when u do those drop in are a tough deal on the knee. I may go with a drop in again next time and still put a l rubber mat over the drop in yeah that's right I got the extra 65 bucks to blow.
the other option is to just use it as is if looking bad at trade in slap a drop in just for trade in .

indy_500

My favorite combo is a linex spray in bed liner with a rubber mat on the floor. Easy on the knees and protects your big $ spray job.

ezra

the spray x still dose nothing to protect from dents . but if u use your truck like a car then it really wont matter.
I have also had my bed sprayed with a light coat of paint just before trade but only because I was having some other issues addressed . that and my bud did it for under a hundo

indy_500

the spray x still dose nothing to protect from dents . but if u use your truck like a car then it really wont matter.
I have also had my bed sprayed with a light coat of paint just before trade but only because I was having some other issues addressed . that and my bud did it for under a hundo

Well than don't dent it! :) That's what trailers are for.

timo

go with the linex spray liner.
put when in on my silverado 15 years ago and its doesn't chip, flake, allow water to get under.
the thing is flawless.
been loading a sled on it for 15 years and the carbides have not dug into it where you can see bare metal.
sure if costs a little more money I think mine was $450 back in the day. but if you just paid 30+k for a new truck what another 5 hunge really?
get the spray liner that goes over the top of the sides of the bed of truck and you'll have no scratching.

goofy600

If you are going to use it as a work truck and drop and throw stuff into where dents will be a problem plastic Berliner is the way to go but water and other stuff will get under it and if you don't remove and clean you will get rust. If you want protection from scratching line-x Berliner are great, plus they are nation wide lifetime warranty. If you don't care about a few scratches and just don't want things to slide around rubber mat works.

flaabr01

I have a Duraliner HD drop in bed liner. I really like it. It does get a little slippery, but it is easy enough to throw down an old piece of scrap carpet if worst comes to worst. The thing I like about this liner with hauling a snowmobile in it is that the grooves are deep enough that the carbides don't actually sit on the plastic, so there is little risk of me cutting it up from loading/unloading (only place I run that risk is on the tailgate-bed transition).

If this is a concern, you can get some ski boots like these - https://www.denniskirk.com/sno-stuff/universal-black-ski-boots.p10317.prd/10317.sku. I've seen them in the $50-60 range.

6hundy6

For the spray liners I prefer Rhino liner over line X. I have the rhino except one side of box, backed into a pole and crumpled rear of one side. Body shop I used does line x and it seams like its slippery compared to Rhino. I like that the top rail of box gets sprayed. I do like the rubber mats over the drop in liners. I worry about moisture under the drop in liners.