Pine Lake Lodge Mission Helmet swapped out and taken

polaris6

If anyone on here was at Pine Lake Lodge last night and took the wring Mission helmet and gloves please call me at 773-294-1256. THe helmet that was left for me is a XXL and mines was an XL and the one left has a communicator system on it and mine doesn’t and the gloves left were not mine either.

THanks

mezz

How does one mistake a helmet with a communicator on it vs. one that does not??? Thats messed up..:oops:o_O

pclark

Thats the bad part about owning such nice stuff, you almost have to keep it right next to you when you go int a bar.

old abe

There is something that seems to smell bad here? Too much differs between the two helmets, size, communicator? Perhaps this is no accident? Good luck to you getting your real helmet and gloves back!

pclark

And I do exactly that. Did you purchase BVS2?
I think I am going to buy it, I stopped at Skidoo dealer in Woodruff and looked at all the helmuts, quite a selection from $200 up to Mission and Oxygen. The BVS2 I am going to buy is the heated shield and as I understand it has 3 settings. I am waiting for my battery harness to get it hooked up to try it and make final determination. Luckily, I can take my time and test drive it so to speak.

polaris6

The group went back to The lodge where I left my phone number today and they called me and brought to me to exchange. They were so intoxicated didn’t realize the mistake. Damn near impossible to believe but glad got my items back and they were apologetic and nice about the misunderstanding. Kudos to Pine View and taking my info and really making an effort to help. Good people.

mezz

Thank goodness that group had the moxy to go back & right a wrong as well. Glad to hear that it worked out.

lofsfire

The group went back to The lodge where I left my phone number today and they called me and brought to me to exchange. They were so intoxicated didn’t realize the mistake. Damn near impossible to believe but glad got my items back and they were apologetic and nice about the misunderstanding. Kudos to Pine View and taking my info and really making an effort to help. Good people.
I had a guy grab one of my buddy's helmets a few years ago, it was the same situation. The bar was packed (Bikini & Radar Run weekend in St Germain) and getting from one side to the other was not the fastest, I caught the guy outside, he was staying on the property and was looking for his cabin. He argued for a bit and realized this was a different brand and type altogether. Other than the color being black they did not look close at all. Luckily not the inconvenience you had, but glad you got it back.

Here is the funny part, this guy was gone when he came in just after me. I was putting my helmet up on the shelf and he just throw his on the shelf, reaching over me. So I slid mine down a bit. My buddy then comes inside after I'm already at the table and put his helmet in between mine and this guy's helmet. When the guy came back inside, his response was he knew he put it next to this black, white, and orange helmet (mine). So he remember my helmet but could not remember his own, even after putting it on his head.

I try to always have my stuff in view, between the helmet cost and the communicator's cost it would suck to have to replace it... But worse yet I need the 3 or 4XL helmet depending on the brand not many places carry them so it could make for a bad weekend on top of that and a cold ride back to wherever I'm staying.

eagle1

I laughed at my buds .....every place we stopped , nothin but black Mission helmets everywhere.....so glad I got gray with graphics!!😃

chunk06

I thought about looking for a light gauge cable lock to loop around two helmets with the money we spent on oxygen helmets. It would at least avoid the intoxicated honest mistake situation.

I've been hearing a lot of stories like this lately. I just got a Mission helmet, and I'm not going to let it out of my sight. If I go into a restaurant, I think I'll just put it under my chair.

Highflyer

There is something that seems to smell bad here? Too much differs between the two helmets, size, communicator? Perhaps this is no accident? Good luck to you getting your real helmet and gloves back!
You are way overestimating how smart some of our fellow snowmobilers (or people in general) are. I have heard this same story about three different times in the last week. Heck, I had a lady grab my suitcase at the airport recently and even when security told her it wasn't her bag she refused to admit her mistake. United would recheck her bag so she took it all the way to the gate and check to it herself to Toronto.