Polaris is Worst in Customer Service!

toddp

LMAO, I got snow check jackets and Poo leathers coming out of my ears. Your not missing much. Buy a nice Klim jacket in black and be done with it. Slamming Poo over a jacket you did not order? Do you know how foolish your post sounds?
As far as customer service with Polaris, never a problem with them in the last 39 years of using their product.

You obviously didn't read the post right. I did in fact order the jacket, Poo screwed up the dealer's order. My whole point on this is Poo should pay better attention to their snow check customers who take a chance at full retail. My point here is that Polaris was very uncaring about the customers that actually purchased the sleds on the snow check program.

polarisrider1

Ordered a Rush 800 retro pro R under the snow check program. Picked the sled up December 1st, have over 800 miles on it. The sled is fine but the dealer Cloverland in Ironwood, MI ordered me 2 retro jackets as soon as they became available to order. The dealer has now been told they will not be getting the jackets. Polaris in their stupidity sent retro jackets to dealers that didn't even order retros. So now those of us that paid top dollar for a sled can't get the matching jacket. Polaris's response is too bad tough luck! This retro sled is Polaris number 4 that I have bought. I sure hope nothing goes wrong with it as it is under warranty for 4 years from Polaris. If this is the way they treat customers over a silly jacket I can only imagine the hassle trying to get warranty coverage. Definitely time to switch brands!

Read your own post. Where does it say you ordered the jacket. You do understand what assume means?

polarisrider1

I ordered the sled under the snow check program. The jackets were not even offered at the time in April. Polaris offered them to the dealers in November and my dealer immediately ordered 2 for me the first day they were available. Polaris then cancelled the dealer's order. When the dealer inquired they were told in writing from the Rep that Polaris missed the order they placed and too bad. All of this is documented in emails between the dealer and Polaris. Polaris sent retro jackets to dealers that didn't even order retro sleds. My dealer has tried everything they can think of to locate jackets for me and have had no luck. This is a major screw up by Polaris.

Gee not here.

Last edited:

polarisrider1

C'mon, is your loyalty to Poo that strong that you need to make a comment like this?

It's the topic name that sets me off. How could someone bash Poo over a stupid jacket that the dealer could not get for someone who did not even know about them. I hope the Poo lawyers clean his clock for defimation of their brand name. You got over 13,200 members in here and way more visitors reading a brand bash. Of course I am upset. You would of shut me down if I started such a post. As far as loyalty, it is very high as you know. But I also had a Scorpion, yamaha, skidoo phase over the years. The topic was created out of emotion by someone who thought they were wronged. Thus a no loyalty to a full loyality conflict began. I would love to send a retro jacket to toddp, but I didn't get one either.

whitedust

C'mon, is your loyalty to Poo that strong that you need to make a comment like this?

X2 ........The whole brand loyal thing seems a bit over the top to me. Buy whatever you like but not because of the brand name only. So the guy wants to vent about a jacket...... so what?........ it seems to mean a lot to him. Let him vent IMO. Or better yet help him find a jacket.

polarisrider1

X2 ........The whole brand loyal thing seems a bit over the top to me. Buy whatever you like but not because of the brand name only. So the guy wants to vent about a jacket...... so what?........ it seems to mean a lot to him. Let him vent IMO. Or better yet help him find a jacket.

Vent, fine. But he opened himself up to hundreds of Poo loyals here. And a brand bash to quite an extent over an ugly retro jacket. Some tof us take it to heart. Sounds like he likes his sled. I bet the jacket will pop up on ebay soon enough.

Firecatguy

you guys need the phone number to Polaris Prez like Red does!!!!!!!!he had to make the call over the motor recall and his dealer had parts next day.........

snobuilder

This is an outrage!,....what will the pose at the main trail intersections look like without a matching jacket?

With a little luck you will come across a sledder wearing YOUR retro jacket, without the matching sled,....here is a thought,....sell him or her your sled and call it a win-win.

whitedust

Vent, fine. But he opened himself up to hundreds of Poo loyals here. And a brand bash to quite an extent over an ugly retro jacket. Some tof us take it to heart. Sounds like he likes his sled. I bet the jacket will pop up on ebay soon enough.

I just don't take any of this no matter what brand to heart. They all break & they all ride pretty good so buy & ride whatever you want. I like 4s over 2s any brand & happy to see more 4s models again any brand. Who makes the best 4s sled? Well we will see when 2012s are released as many are catching up to Yam. No OEM has me locked down & I buy the best bang for the buck. So 1 guy is pissed about a jacket falls in to the soooo what area to me. Important to him but not to me. Take to heart & brand protection never just 1 guy venting.

xcswitch

I can see where toddp is upset for not getting the coat after it was offered to him since he bought the 800 retro. I understand its after the fact of snow check but don't understand why all you guys get mad at him for stating his toughts on the situation. It comes down to good buisness practices. Polaris made a mistake and my guess is they will only offer fancy coats at the beginning of snow check again after hearing all the complaints. Not to change the subject, but Toddp should be happy with the new 800 engine and not the old ones. Toddp- I would guess you been riding your new toy with no problems. I been waiting for 4 weeks for my 09 800 switchback to get out of the shop with new crate motor. Should I be more ticked off since I spent $10,000 on a sled used it for second season and on its 4th motor blowing holes out the bottom block, or should I be more ticked since no dealer wants to trade or should I say give me only $5000 on a trade for new 2011. Now I"m venting and getting off the subject. I hope at least you like you sled. Forget the coat and keep racking the miles up and enjoy your polaris. I love all my polaris spares.

FZ1

I totally understand what toddp is saying. Whether its a $50 part or a $11,000 sled, both are very important. Piss me off over the $50 part, I might just head over to one of the other 3 when I'm buying my next sled. Lot of companys haven't figured this out yet.

F

fusion

Vent - not abuse

Several years ago I decided to save a few bucks and bought a 1 model yr. old sled, with 250 miles on it. Went to look at it, (private party) and he had a matching jacket with it. I looked at him like - ' you want to sell me a jacket you've already worn ', like this was some sort of deal breaker. He thought I was nuts for not wanting it. I offered him a very low price on the sled, he accepted offer and decided to keep his f'n jacket and I went away happy. I could care less about a matching jacket for a sled, even though I happen to have one right now. I actually think it makes me look like some snobby old doufus riding around with it on. But if I don't wear it wife give me crap. Can't win.

The guy is venting because it's important to him and I applaud the mods for understanding the difference between harmless venting and out and out brand bashing that leads to the inevitable P'ing match between posters. I understand why you'd be mad if you were promised a jacket when you ordered a sled, but then again, if the sled is running good, consider yourself very lucky. Jacket don't make sled run any better and I doubt some chick would pick you up in a bar stop simply because you had a matching jacket for your retro Rush.

olsmann

There are LOTS of reasons to get mad at Polaris, but this is hardly one of them. And this brand loyalty thing is ridiculous. Buy all balck gear and it will match any sled you get.

Sea And Snow Rules!

A recent visit to the dealer

The dealer and I were debating the merits of timely and courteous customer service.

Attachments

• Grumpy Old Men.jpg
    Grumpy Old Men.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 86

tedsnotdead

let the poor guy vent if you dont want to read it then dont. him venting is hurting nothing and must be important enough for others to read it and reply. and who is anyone to tell him to buy black, he wants his retro then so be it.