Polaris is Worst in Customer Service!

toddp

Vent, fine. But he opened himself up to hundreds of Poo loyals here. And a brand bash to quite an extent over an ugly retro jacket. Some tof us take it to heart. Sounds like he likes his sled. I bet the jacket will pop up on ebay soon enough.

I too was once brand loyal, but not anymore, as for being loyal to Polaris, how loyal was Polaris to it's employees by moving operations to Mexico? I am not new to this sport. Just beware and remember that even your sacred Polaris Company is capable of not caring about the customer!

Dave_B

I too was once brand loyal, but not anymore, as for being loyal to Polaris, how loyal was Polaris to it's employees by moving operations to Mexico? I am not new to this sport. Just beware and remember that even your sacred Polaris Company is capable of not caring about the customer!

I think all of the manufacturers have issues of one kind or another. (Yes I'm a loyal Poo person). As I mentioned earlier, I went through the same thing you did with the jacket but the actual sled was great. The jacket issue just became more of an enterainment thing between me and the dealer and I actually developed a good relationship with them as a result of it.

I know it's frustrating but it's not something to hold a grudge against the company itself. The important thing is the sled. How do you like it??

Dave

Hoosier

Anyone have one of the eVent polaris jackets? If I understand right, they had that fabric before Motorfist got the exclusive on it.

polarisrider1

I think all of the manufacturers have issues of one kind or another. (Yes I'm a loyal Poo person). As I mentioned earlier, I went through the same thing you did with the jacket but the actual sled was great. The jacket issue just became more of an enterainment thing between me and the dealer and I actually developed a good relationship with them as a result of it.

I know it's frustrating but it's not something to hold a grudge against the company itself. The important thing is the sled. How do you like it??

Dave

Thank you for saying what I was trying too say. I got snocheck jackets coming out of my ears.

toddp

The sled is great, love the retro package. Only issue is darting and I am putting on dual carbides for the next ride to see if that corrects it. Adjusting the suspension has not helped much. As for everyone chiming in, yes I am venting but when you spend $12,000 on a sled the details become important. The issue here is when raising my concerns with Polaris the customer service area just referred me back to the dealer and when the dealer talked to Polaris customer service they hung up on him. Just to be clear I was not looking for something for free. As soon as the retro jackets were available the dealer ordered two for me and I paid for them, it wasn't a freebie. The rest of the story as I recently found out is Polaris knew they were sold out 15 minutes after becoming available and then waited 2 months to notify the dealers that were not going to receive their order. Polaris customer service has made no attempt to rectify this, not even so much as to offer an apology.

Darting

Toddp,

Have you considered adjusting the toeing of the skis? I don't have a Rush so I'm definitely not an expert by any means in regards to their handling characteristics, however when this issue has come up I've been able adjust most if not all of the darting issues by splaying the skis. I set my skis with about a 1/4" to 5/16" splay. Basically, the front center line of my skis are spread apart about a 1/4" wider than the rear center line of the skis. I'd bet that your operator's manual addresses this adjustment as well. The wider the splay the less likely the skis will seek out the cuts in the trail made by previous skis. Good luck.

LoveMyDobe

IA Polaris dealer

If you want a fantastic dealer, see Roger at Myers Polaris in Fairbank IA. We have bought all our machines from him, even after we moved to WI. He will make things right. Small shop, friendly folks and the fridge in the office full of beer! Makes dealing with them more enjoyable!

toddp

Update!

Well the Retro Jacket that I found on Ebay arrived yesterday. So yes I paid full retali, did not getting anything for free as some have implied. My point to this whole scenario is POLARIS was NO HELP in resolving, this includes the dealer rep. I located the jacket called the dealer in PA was told to bid on it on Ebay, called the dealer back explained my situation about buying a Retro sled and they were gracious enough to sell me a jacket.

Lesson learned by me is don't expect Polaris to be the least bit appreciative of Polaris enthusiasts supporting their new products. My experience says wait until the models are a few years old and buy leftovers much better deal for the consumer. By the actions Polaris has taken or lack of action shows they do not take their Snow Check Marketing campaign seriously or at least not for the Rush Retro.

xcsp

Toddp, on the darting on the sled-I rode an 800-R at the Polaris demo ride and it darted quite a bit at first, told the Polaris rep who was on the ride with us and we made an adjustment- 1 click on the rear spring(shock) remote adjuster and I could not believe how it changed how the sled handled, virtually dart-free. Sled had the stock Polaris carbides too!

As they said, with a few simple adjustments, be it by trial & error, and you can get it dialed in to suit you.

I was impressed how the 800, and the 600 as well, rode & handled with a non-studded track & stock carbides on the skis.

F

fusion

My experience says wait until the models are a few years old and buy leftovers much better deal for the consumer.

This was the most important lesson to be learned from your experience. Fortunately I learned this one about 10 - 15 yrs. ago. You will save ALOT of money acting on this comment.

For the most part, manufacturers do not care about individual customer complaints. They need a massive deluge of customer angst before you will see a reaction out of them in the form of individual response or engineering update.

whitedust

Oh Yes non current is the way to go. Spring deals just not what they used to be. Market starting to move to Fall again rebates, jackets....... whatever. OEMS need to offer huge discounts in Spring or forget it.

toddp

Update

Put a set of dual carbides on the Rush this weekend, Woodys 6 inch carbides. Adjusted the suspension some more and the sled handles very well. The darting is completely gone! Also wanted to give a shout out to Cloverland in Ironwood, once again they were there when I needed service on another sled and they took great care of me on Friday!