Polaris Mutt Mod

elf

I agree. I have a friend that starts his 79 El Tigre a couple of times a summer just to fill his garage with Klotz.

Back in 2000 I snow checked a brand new 500 version of this 45th Anniversary model. Wickedly fast 500. Had it for several years and eventually sold it to Elf. He used it as a family sled for many years and finally sold it to another fellow. As far as I know, it’s still going strong.
The guy from work I sold it to said it has been running great for him. That sled was trouble free for us, gas and oil, all we did to it.

mike1970

I also snow-checked the 45th Anniversary 500 SP. What a fantastic little sled. Did not get the best fuel mileage, but it was an overachiever. I owned it for 14 years and sold it to a friend who still rides it daily to the ice shack and back.

elf

I also snow-checked the 45th Anniversary 500 SP. What a fantastic little sled. Did not get the best fuel mileage, but it was an overachiever. I owned it for 14 years and sold it to a friend who still rides it daily to the ice shack and back.
Yea, they were thirsty. We'd roll into the gas stations with 3 2010 or newer RMKs and that little 500. We'd put 6-7 gallons in the RMK's and 8-9 gallons in that 500. Crazy but it out punched its weight class.

hybrid

in 98 i bought a new zr 500 and that was also a very quick sled for a 500
it also handled the bumps a little better then the trailing arm sleds
imo the cat couldn't rail the corners like the poo's tho
i now own a 98 xc700 that needs restoring hint hint and a 01 700 classic for ice fishing :D

skiroule

in 98 i bought a new zr 500 and that was also a very quick sled for a 500
it also handled the bumps a little better then the trailing arm sleds
imo the cat couldn't rail the corners like the poo's tho
i now own a 98 xc700 that needs restoring hint hint and a 01 700 classic for ice fishing :D
Get on it man! A restored wedge sled is a thing of beauty. There’s a reason these sleds have a huge following. I assume yours has a white hood. Loved the look of that sled.