Pretty please?

ridindirty800

Thinking of heading to Munising Fri night till sunday, but not sure i want drive through all the crap to get there and back on sunday the same

ryanslyne

Thinking of heading to Munising Fri night till sunday, but not sure i want drive through all the crap to get there and back on sunday the same

ridindirty800, weekend is free and the sled is still just sitting in the way in the garage maybe I would have to ride up with you! We are damn near neighbors anyway! The drive I would guess would be less than desirable though....

RS

offpiste

Thanks John, been following some other forecasts and some are saying 2-3 feet for the straits area! Not buying that but it would be epic for sure.

ridindirty800

ridindirty800, weekend is free and the sled is still just sitting in the way in the garage maybe I would have to ride up with you! We are damn near neighbors anyway! The drive I would guess would be less than desirable though....

RS

Yeah I decided to stay home this weekend. Sunday looks to be the worst for driving and to go ride a day and a half, i just dont feel like driving through half the state of Wi with 20-30 MPH winds and heavy snow.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Again, not much has changed.

There are the bullet points, plus I have enough confidence to produce a map. The forecast is not etched in stone, but this is my most likely scenario, given the current forecast and how things have transpired up to this point.
  • Still possibility of changes from current forecast
  • Storm totals will be from 3-4 days of snow, not just 12-24 hours as typically happens.
  • Snow starts up in earnest across SD, central MN and N. WI/MI tomorrow morning and spread into central and eastern UP tomorrow afternoon. All these areas will see the snow continue through Sunday.
  • Main snow in areas like northeast MN and areas of the UP west of a line from Watersmeet to Marquette to see the main snow period fall from late Saturday night into Sunday and Sunday night, with some LES to continue into Monday.

-John

5-10SNOW0330.jpg

srt20

Again, not much has changed.

There are the bullet points, plus I have enough confidence to produce a map. The forecast is not etched in stone, but this is my most likely scenario, given the current forecast and how things have transpired up to this point.
  • Still possibility of changes from current forecast
  • Storm totals will be from 3-4 days of snow, not just 12-24 hours as typically happens.
  • Snow starts up in earnest across SD, central MN and N. WI/MI tomorrow morning and spread into central and eastern UP tomorrow afternoon. All these areas will see the snow continue through Sunday.
  • Main snow in areas like northeast MN and areas of the UP west of a line from Watersmeet to Marquette to see the main snow period fall from late Saturday night into Sunday and Sunday night, with some LES to continue into Monday.

-John

View attachment 58662

Hey wheres that guy from Escanaba that was complaining all the storms missed him this year???

Well here ya go!

rayds

I only wish this forecast was happening in January, or maybe next January?
Oh, well a snowfall like this makes living in MN fun!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot-- thank you John for the updates, even though after daily updates were completed for the year

wisco-mb

Thanks for the updates John.

Riders have been waiting for a storm like this, and it comes in middle of April. That's life's cruel joke.

powertoyz

Thanks for all the updates John! Was very helpful in picking where to go.

We arrived in Munising last night. Going to just play in the woods until the storm starts!