Pretty please?

misty_pines

Thanks, John, for making this now an official snow storm forecast! After almost putting the snow blower away, after seeing your updated graphic, I went out and got some ethanol free gas for the snow-blower so all set. Much appreciated!!

snomobubl

Dirty Dozen Ride

jmvette427, pwolfy2003 and lenny,

I think I was on the Dirty Dozen ride mentioned above with you guys - about 5 years ago, April 2013 if I recall. I headed up from the Chicago burbs with Dave.

I followed the big boys with their long tracks off trail with my tank (2007 Yamaha Attak GT) and got buried in a ravine. Fortunately Lenny and a couple of others helped me dig that pig out.

I also remember Dave sinking his Doo (Yellow Submarine) in the creek close to Kangas Farm!

Good Times!

-Rich

jmvette427

Yep I stuck my Apex twice and said enough . I just enjoyed watching and hearing all the BRAAP in the trees . What a beautiful day it was , blue sky, warm temps . Great memories!

ok best riding this year saw 1 sled in 240 miles sunday night and monday
breaking trail
30-50 mph wot
greenland /russo /109/ 13/misc cut throughs
did it backward next day

duramax

ok best riding this year saw 1 sled in 240 miles sunday night and monday
breaking trail
30-50 mph wot
greenland /russo /109/ 13/misc cut throughs
did it backward next day

Can you ride 12 into Rousseau from Mass or did you take fire rds? Also can you ride 13 and 109 right now. Anybody know. Thanks headed up tomorrow.

Last edited:
yes we rode to russo several times but the road was plowed bare the 2nd day past the bar going to 109 so we cut through a few roads around alston
then got back on 109

today rode 12 to ontonogan then rr back to 13 to norwich rd and though it might be illigal to be in ottawa forest
so rode back to greenland

we rode 500 miles sunday to wednsday

sweeperguy

Can you ride 12 into Rousseau from Mass or did you take fire rds? Also can you ride 13 and 109 right now. Anybody know. Thanks headed up tomorrow.

We rode 13 Tuesday a few tracks on it. We left from Mass City up 3 Bill Nichols. Right at 3/12 intersection was LOGGING. Bill Nichols was plowed north about a mile. Not sure if you can get through to Greenland / Pat's. Or if you can go to Rosseau. Bunch of logging equipment at intersection. Piles of LOGS hard to take in all that was going on. Focused on north as that was our plan

Rode up 3 to 13 rode it almost entire length were a few tracks on it. Turned around at the farm and bridge road (Kangas farm?) back north to 3. Rode up to Mosquito. The kid I was with hit a chunk of Ice in the plow bank at road crossing just before Mosquito Broke shock bent lower A arm ended our ride. 20180418_161837.jpg
13 was GOOD+, to really good lots of untouched snow. LOVED IT. Bill Nichols was GOOD to firesteel bridges. Got a few bumps north of there but still good not whooped out.
Just nice bumps take a little air run fast. Deep snow on outside edges less than a dozen tracks. At Krupps north a little worse but still not bad, more traffic.

Last edited:

jmvette427

De plains

OK 4/27/ 2018 and we are still riding! De Plains, Thanks Tracker! . Fire roads great ! can't believe .More riding tomorrow, Gonna try to post picts tomorrow!

Last edited: