Retail Price Of Skidoo Advent Helmet?

whitedust

This is the first turnkey helmet I know of with communicators but haven’t been able to get a price. Anybody know??

attakman

I don't have any of that info yet...no pricing on clothing or accessories....probably next week we'll have that info

indy_500

Yep I think it will be very expensive too. Carbon with communicators is going to cost ya. Only helmet I know equipped turnkey.
I would put money on it, that it’ll be the best helmet on the market hands down. But I’m guessing it’ll come with a cost of around $1k, which will deter a lot of people…

dfattack

Helmet looks good but for that amount of money I would wait to see the reviews...multiple reviews because you will get the people who love it and the others hating it. Like the modular concept, like carbon fiber and built in communicators. They need to be great for music too before I would consider trying it and only if they get great reviews. I don't want a cold helmet now that I'm used to my O2. We just figured out the bugs with our Uclear communicators so not really in mood to spend a year working out new bugs. But it's great to see technology finally happening that I've been waiting for. Now I know why the O2 prices came down so much

Last edited:
You'll also have to factor in the people that do spend that type of cash, will most likely give a positive review to help themselves feel better and justify spending that amount. That said, I bit the bullet to get a CKX last year and have to say it's the best helmet I've ever owned. My only complaint is the sun shield started acting up my last trip out and the lever that activates it wouldn't push it back up. It still moves it down and I just have to give the shield a little push to get it to go back up, however. Minor annoyance. It's the only helmet I've ever had that I could wear glasses in and they don't fog up.

whitedust

I would put money on it, that it’ll be the best helmet on the market hands down. But I’m guessing it’ll come with a cost of around $1k, which will deter a lot of people…
$1k is what I’m thinking too BUT Exome came in less expensive than I thought. $1k is a lot for a helmet but you never know many paid big bucks for O2.

united

I see it looks like it has a heated shield and elinq. It seems all of these fancy helmets have to have electric shield. That's not new technology. Could have had that years ago (and still can) in a cheapo helmet. Do they need heated shield to make it work properly?

I don't want cords. I know - you'll get used to it. Still. Also has a stand alone charger for the vibe system. Why can't the battery run the electric shield for 12 hours and no plug in? What's the problem.

Looks nice and fancy with lots of features but if it has to have electric shield and e tether cord to work it seems like we are moving backwards.

Longlegs

I see it looks like it has a heated shield and elinq. It seems all of these fancy helmets have to have electric shield. That's not new technology. Could have had that years ago (and still can) in a cheapo helmet. Do they need heated shield to make it work properly?

I don't want cords. I know - you'll get used to it. Still. Also has a stand alone charger for the vibe system. Why can't the battery run the electric shield for 12 hours and no plug in? What's the problem.

Looks nice and fancy with lots of features but if it has to have electric shield and e tether cord to work it seems like we are moving backwards.
I think the shield uses a lot of amps. When it first came out it was blowing the 5 amp fuse that was standard. I think its a 10 amp fuse now. I have a pair of the Sena coms, they don’t even last all day. I was actually hoping the shield cord would run the com too.

united

Good info. Thanks. Like a toaster. Pretty sure it does run the com. I think I saw in the video on the other post the com lasts 12 hours on its own or unlimited with the cord.

dfattack

Yes if don't want the fighter pilot face mask and snot mop. The cord also runs the rear helmet light which is battery operated on the BVS2 helmet which I hated to deal with (batteries). I thought the communicator was powered by the cord. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't agree we are moving backwards with tech in helmets. My riding buddy and I have been looking for these exact features for over ten years now. It's all about what's important to each of us. Some might not want it and there's nothing wrong with that. Some do...like me. At least we all can choose what we like and can buy what is important to us. I will say now that we are using communicators I can't imagine doing without it anymore. I remember having to stop at intersections and use hand motions because we had noise cancelling head phones in and didn't want to take them off. pain in the butt. Now my son and I can make decisions without stopping, I can stop for a second to make an adjustment on something and he can keep going without worrying when he doesn't see me behind him. I can ask him how he is on fuel without having to stop just for that. I could go on and on but I'm excited with the improvements myself but understand some just want simple. Nothing wrong with that either.

Last edited:

united

Right. Thanks for the info. Lots of goodies and new technology loaded on there. Harmon Kardon no complaints there.

I should have been more specific. I mean backwards regarding the fogging of the shield. I could be wrong but it seems like oh so many years ago (decades) a cheapo helmet with electric shield would take care of business in almost any condition. If it needs electric to work it almost seems like cheating today. Options are great and keep them coming so that we can all pick.

As LL informs me too many amps not enough battery as it stands today. Eventually the cord will go away like it does with everything else.

There is definitely a separate port on the back of the helmet called a Quick Charge Port. I assume that is to charge the com system but not sure. Then it says regarding the com that it lasts 12 hours at -20 c or unlimited with linq attached. Must have two systems for the com internal battery when not connected and unlimited when attached to linq.

Thanks for the feedback.

Highflyer

I hate having cords as well. Then if the cord breaks on a long trip you better have a back up.

Highflyer

Eagle1 posted this in the other thread. Hope you do not mind that I lifted it and posted over here.

My hope with the line of "active riders" they are designing this helmet to be much cooler then the Oxygen. The Oxygen is way too warm of a helmet if its above 20 degrees and you are riding aggressively.

dfattack

My hope with the line of "active riders" they are designing this helmet to be much cooler then the Oxygen. The Oxygen is way too warm of a helmet if its above 20 degrees and you are riding aggressively.
You can easily adjust temp by moving the visor around. You can close but not snap or crack open at different intervals. It’s a warm helmet for sure just have to figure out how to tweak it to run cooler.

509 is coming out with an integrated comm system in their new helmet. They have been developing this for at least 2 years. We have spoke to a rep at Haydays about this for 2 straight Haydays events. They were targeting around $1000 price for this helmet. I don't use any 509 products, just relaying what we were told.

Highflyer

You can easily adjust temp by moving the visor around. You can close but not snap or crack open at different intervals. It’s a warm helmet for sure just have to figure out how to tweak it to run cooler.
I understand that. But I would like to think the best helmet on the market has a better way to control temp that riding with the visor cracked open. The helmet is way to warm for an aggressive riding in the woods. If all you do is rail road grades in the UP its fine. This new helmet seems to specifically target the aggressive rider according to the the YouTube video and mentions better air flow. That's likely a sign that ski doo understands the warmth issue with the Oxygen.