Retail Price Of Skidoo Advent Helmet?

eagle1

I'm with you on that. Hassle whenever you want to stop and chat for a minute. Nothing like fog free though. I may order a Mission - wonder if they ever have end of season sales?
Just got email yesterday....Dennis Kirk has 15% off Mission helmets.

whitedust

509 is coming out with an integrated comm system in their new helmet. They have been developing this for at least 2 years. We have spoke to a rep at Haydays about this for 2 straight Haydays events. They were targeting around $1000 price for this helmet. I don't use any 509 products, just relaying what we were told.
I figured another OEM would integrate a com system not let BRP be the one an only. Seems like no end to what people will pay for an integrated turnkey helmet system. I expect at least $1k maybe more and oh the service problems dealers will have to deal with!!

whitedust

an electric cord is a small price to pay to not be running into trees because you can't see.
Tuck it in your coat I don't ever ever notice it.
Yep you go electric best to have a spare wire although the O2 wire is a thick gauge I’ll pick up a spare. No biggie to me. 🤷‍♂️

Tuck

also carry spare wires. Not sure why they still use the rca jacks, an sae would stay together better and still pull apart in case of accident.

snoden

So I paid $560 for my carbon mission 3 years ago with electric shield, add $200 for cardo packtalk bold comm, $50 for bite harder helmet light and $70 for a magnetic cord all total around $900 invested in my helmet. The new Advex is a pretty sweet helmet, it has a lot of the mission features like fresh air intake in front, breath exhaust tubes out the side and a functioning peak which is real nice in the early mornings and early evenings when that big orange thing in the sky can be blinding. Just pull it down one click and it acts like a sun visor, it's a really sweet feature. One thing I would like to see with the Advex is a much brighter helmet lite than the 02 has and maybe choice of color. The integrated comms is a no brainer in todays snowmobiling, so many people have comms today.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just Wondering....

Assuming that your riding buddys all have communicators, built in from the factory, are they all on the same frequency? If you have a Mission, can you talk to someone with a BRP product? Are they proprietary? Can you change frequencies? The likelihood of everyone in the group having the same helmet would be a stretch. Heck we can't agree on the best oil let alone a helmet that fits and doesn't freeze up.

And just so you know, if I end up buying another helmet this year, the wife gets all new appliances for the kitchen.
Let's not go there!

snoden

Can't say for sure Gary , but allegedly with dynamic meshing all comms are supposed to be able to link up regardless of brand.

indy_500

No idea if it’s true, but I read on dootalk $599 non electric shield, $899 with electric shield, $349 to add the communicator

whitedust

No idea if it’s true, but I read on dootalk $599 non electric shield, $899 with electric shield, $349 to add the communicator
$1250 sounds top heavy , imo , but loaded seems the way to buy a turnkey helmet system. Can’t say I’m surprised and I also wouldn’t be surprised to see whole groups place orders.

Tuck

have seen more belts hanging in trees this year than in the past. Just don't get the need to litter high in a tree on the trail. your brought a spare in take the old out.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Funny how many cords you see laying on the trail, anyone else notice that? I've seen at least 3 this year.
I used to ride with a guy that was wired. We'd stop for a break and frequently he'd run over his cord when we took off. I'd pick it up and it got to be kind of a routine as we came into the next stop I'd give him back his cord and we'd start over.

lofsfire

Here are my thoughts for what you would be getting, that $1000 range sounds about right when comparing to a helmet with similar features and a coms system. With that said I personally would not want the coms integrated tech changes to fast. At least with separate coms you can change helmet or coms whenever you want.

Thankfully most and cross brand compatible but even there there are issues. So far I've been very happy with my Uclear Infinity Motion. The unit is very small mics hide in the helmet (no boom to deal with). I had Collet before it work but was technology of it time and is now dated. With that said someone that wants a cheap entry level system the Collets could be useful. When I had my kids in there snowcoach it was great for talking to them. they were only a few feet behind me so range was never and issue. The Uclear Infinity Motion are clear for standard rider spacing. My son and I tested out the distance. What we found was at the point we lost connection we were so far apart we would never ride with this much spacing. If your in a big group the total distance gets increased because each unit acts a a repeater. Oh and the units auto reconnect if they lose range. Some brands require a button press.

I think the shield uses a lot of amps. When it first came out it was blowing the 5 amp fuse that was standard. I think its a 10 amp fuse now. I have a pair of the Sena coms, they don’t even last all day. I was actually hoping the shield cord would run the com too.
Are you listening to music all day?
Mine last all day with no problem. I do not listen to music but I do get a phone call here and there. My battery level is never more that a 1/4 used and I leave it on all day.
Two of my friends have the Scala Rider G4 which are a few years older, but they make it all day as well. I do not believe they listen to music either.

dfattack

Here are my thoughts for what you would be getting, that $1000 range sounds about right when comparing to a helmet with similar features and a coms system. With that said I personally would not want the coms integrated tech changes to fast. At least with separate coms you can change helmet or coms whenever you want.

Thankfully most and cross brand compatible but even there there are issues. So far I've been very happy with my Uclear Infinity Motion. The unit is very small mics hide in the helmet (no boom to deal with). I had Collet before it work but was technology of it time and is now dated. With that said someone that wants a cheap entry level system the Collets could be useful. When I had my kids in there snowcoach it was great for talking to them. they were only a few feet behind me so range was never and issue. The Uclear Infinity Motion are clear for standard rider spacing. My son and I tested out the distance. What we found was at the point we lost connection we were so far apart we would never ride with this much spacing. If your in a big group the total distance gets increased because each unit acts a a repeater. Oh and the units auto reconnect if they lose range. Some brands require a button press.

Are you listening to music all day?
Mine last all day with no problem. I do not listen to music but I do get a phone call here and there. My battery level is never more that a 1/4 used and I leave it on all day.
Two of my friends have the Scala Rider G4 which are a few years older, but they make it all day as well. I do not believe they listen to music either.
I have the same experience with Uclear. Maybe use 1/4 to half the battery for at least 8 hours of use. We listen to music all day too. The auto reconnect hasn’t worked too well with the latest firmware update as well as the feature that quiets the music when someone speaks. Mics are too sensitive now and don’t allow music to start up even if we stop talking. Had to turn that feature off for now. This was confirmed with uclear tech support. They are working on a fix.

Agree about not wanting tech built in to helmet with constant updates to tech.

lofsfire

I have the same experience with Uclear. Maybe use 1/4 to half the battery for at least 8 hours of use. We listen to music all day too. The auto reconnect hasn’t worked too well with the latest firmware update as well as the feature that quiets the music when someone speaks. Mics are too sensitive now and don’t allow music to start up even if we stop talking. Had to turn that feature off for now. This was confirmed with uclear tech support. They are working on a fix.

Agree about not wanting tech built in to helmet with constant updates to tech.
I have not updated mine only because I have forgotten to until using it... I did update one unit, but that was only because my youngest son needed a new phone over the summer. I we had to reinstall everything this year. He broke his arm and has not been able to ride. He actual was cleared by the Doc last Wednesday. Then Thursday morning in gym class he fell on it again... After more x-rays it is just sprained so he has to have it wrapped for another week at least...

Uclear tech support has been really good. I had a problem with a plug right after my warranty expired. They said the problem was known and that they had change the speaker plug to fit better and sent me out three new speakers/ mics. I used two of the units this past weekend and we had no problems.

whitedust

Dealer didn’t know price yet but ball parked Advent $600 to fully loaded $900. Idk seems light for fully loaded🤷‍♂️