RIP Jack. you left us too early!

sixball

Also sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our first golden Corky at years old. Got sick and in one week he was gone. Blood cancer.
We have another now. I thought Corky would be our last dog but within a year we had Rusty. Its so hard to beleave how attached we get to our pets.

LoveMyDobe

DSC01339.jpg Don't feel guilty about it, it sounds like you didn't know. I went thru this with my last Dobe, she was out 4 a walk to the mailbox and dropped dead. Everything in my mind said "did I miss something" We are thinking it was her heart (very commen in Doberman). Do not beat yourself up about it, yea it is hard to say, but it was Gods way of saying to come home. Might sound weird, but I can't wait to die to see my 6 past Dobes that have left me. You don't get over it, you get thru it! Cherish the thoughts, when time comes and you want to get anoher, the "new kid" will fill your heart( hopefully a rescue dog). I have had Dobermans for 25 plus years, now I have a rescue setter/retreiver plus my Skye Dobe. I would never thought I would have anything but a Dobe, but Hubby wanted an Irish Setter, found Danny Boy on Petfinder. He is so silly, I don't think he will ever grow up. Hate to say it, but he isn't real smart( not like the Dobe), but he fills our heart with joy!

cummins

Sorry about the lose of your buddy, I know what that feels like. It's been almost six weeks since we lost Gracie and time certainly helps to ease the pain. It still sucks.