RIP Jack. you left us too early!

joks79

I had to say goodbye to my 7 year old Golden Retriever tonight. I'm not sure what happened. My wife picked up our girls and our two dogs tonight from her parents house. Jack wasn't feeling well. I carried him from her truck to out garage and placed him on a blanket. My wife sat with him until his last breathe. No the hard part comes. We have to tell out three year old daughter Grace that Jack went to Heaven. Jack has slept with her for since she got out of her crib.

We had to tell out five year old already. She took it better then I was planning on. She still has her Martin (8yr old yellow lab).

June08 014 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• June08 014 - Copy.jpg
    June08 014 - Copy.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 84

LarryD

I have put down a couple of my best friends over the years and was some of the hardest things I have ever done. God bless and love them while you can.

ezra

that is tough I had to put down my Izzy 2 weeks ago
7 is 2 early
what food or treats was she eating?
lots of dogs dying from china treats/chews/ and food in the last few yrs.

L

lenny

wow, I feel real bad for you guys, I hope Grace does okay. Sounds like Jack was a good friend.

mezz

That is both sad & tough, I feel your pain. Yes, 7 is too young, ironically, that is the age our Savanah (also a Golden) had to be put to sleep. We can't put our fingers on the reason for it, sometimes there is none, other than it was her time. Take Care.-Mezz

joks79

Thanks for the replies. The odd part is very playful leading up to yesterday. I can sit here and wonder and try to figure it out how and why, but it was his time, as hard as it is

Jack came to us from the Pound. We couldn't have asked for a more loving dog. We always said the worst he'd do to someone was lick them to death. He was our 70lbs lap dog. He loved to be outside and I swear the dog would smile at you. If he wasn't laying on the couch he had his head on your leg. He'd "hunt" around our yard for rabbits, birds, and squires.

We did get rid of the dog food and treats we have. We still have out 8 year old Yellow Lab Martin. We don't want to risk it.

skiroule

Very tough, even more so with kids. We lost a Golden a few years back under similar circumstances. Not any real indication that anything was wrong. The Goldens are such sweet dogs and yes, they can be lap dogs. Having other dogs to take care of has always seemed to help us deal with a loss. Hopefully that will be the case for you and your family as well.

jakester

So sorry for your loss. I write with tears in my eyes as my best buddy in the world is laying by me on the floor. He too is a golden who happens to be 7yrs. This is our 2nd golden. Eight years ago we went through almost the same thing you did.Really sucks. Hope you and your family have better days ahead.You probably heard of the rainbow bridge poem and I think it's so fitting. Some one posted that Goldens look like they are smiling, I agree, they just always look so happy. Our "Mack" loves long walks and swimming. Prayers sent for your families loss, R.I.P. Jack.

M

Mattarsc

Sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs are a part of our families and hurts to lose them.

8 year old lab

8 year old Dachshund

fstcat2

Sorry to hear of your loss. RIP Jack. He is playing up in heaven with our Dakota (black lab) and Bear (german shepard).