SE WI - Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties - 2018-19

ryanslyne

Another season another great thread to start! As usual I will get it rolling for us and throw a few words out to get us started for the year. This year has been a tough start to the year for our club in East Troy/ Walworth county. We have a few trail reroutes we are working on currently due to some past issues from last year. We also have quite a few fields where we are waiting on crops to come off the fields still. October was a very wet month for us so many of the fields that are usually harvested and already chisel plowed still have standing crops on them. So we are at least a couple weeks away from getting trails put in. Some of the area clubs have started but many of them are in the same situation as us. We also have added a few miles of trails to our responsibility this year due to one of the Walworth clubs closing up shop due to lack of volunteers and membership. I cannot stress enough how important it is to join a club down here and help out if you can. Many of our local clubs have older and tired members, some that do not even snowmobile anymore but still manage to help out. (Special Thanks to them!) All of our clubs are in need of new young blood to step up and come in and help out. If you like to ride in SE WI when we can join one of the local clubs and try to help out! We have the land in the area for trails and it is a nice option to ride down here when we actually have the snow. If you are wondering how to join a club here is a link to the Walworth County Snowmobile Alliance I am the Vice President and in charge of Membership for the East Troy Snow Trojans who belongs to the Walworth County Snowmobile Alliance. Other surrounding counties mentioned in the title have similar alliances set up for management of their clubs. But here is the link to our alliance: http://www.walworthcountysnow.com/home.html

Other than that we are all systems go as soon as the crops are off the fields and the fields that need to be chisel plowed get plowed. It appears most of the other clubs have the same status. It looks like this week we might get our first actual snow fall perhaps. We are actually hoping this holds off as well as the rain as we would really like to see the farmers get out and do their thing. As always we are shooting for getting our trails in by the end of the month. We will see if that happens this year or not.

Looking forward to hopefully a good year and if anything good conversation on here with fellow snowmobile folk interested in our area.

RS

Mitchpro1125

Any update on the field work? We ride out of Whitewater when weather allows and I'd love to help out if I can. I'm finishing up my last year of schooling in Central MO but will be home for 9 days for thanksgiving break Nov 16- 25th and am willing to work. I'll check the thread throughout the next few days for your response.

Mitch

Looks as if you might get some snow.
We don't have much marked as of today due to hunting and crops on the fields yet. Next weekend is the big push.

09twoup

Central Kenosha County only partially marked and not been able to disc anything as of yet, might be a rough ride when trails open.

Snirtdawg

The Blizzard Buzzards finished the majority of their trail marking today on the Zenda, Walworth and Fontana sections. Maybe get a chance to build a pre-season base. Really......

ryanslyne

I plowed about 3-4" of snow on my driveway this morning in East Troy. I hear Lake Geneva area got quite a bit more just to our south like 10". Our club East Troy Snow Trojans just started marking trails Saturday and Sunday this last weekend. We at least got road crossings, road trails and a new re-route done with the hunting going on. We are hoping to have a couple large crews to go out on Saturday this next weekend and get everything done. Hopefully the weather will allow us to finish up. Still a little ways out to start thinking about riding down here. But the snow looks nice.

RS

tomx

Idiots down by the border are riding on closed partially marked trail. If anyone has a chance to tell these guys they are trespassing please do so or none of us are going to have any trails to ride.

- - - Updated - - -

The Blizzard Buzzards finished the majority of their trail marking today on the Zenda, Walworth and Fontana sections. Maybe get a chance to build a pre-season base. Really......

Snirtdawg if you helped the Blizzard Buzzards thank you. I was not able to this year due to shoulder surgery.

Snirtdawg

How about for once, give these SE Wisconsin boys something to play in this week! Do your best snow dance and we can ride all the way to the lakefront for the best waves/drifts!

tomx

7 inches in Elkhorn. If they do open the trails alot of them will be brutal(plowed fields). All snow that fell is light and fluffy.

gkolar

Kenosha County trails are open per the KCSA website. I'm sure some areas will be rough, I can provide a trail report from Twin Lakes area Sunday.

timo

Wow

QUOTE=gkolar;473972]Kenosha County trails are open per the KCSA website. I'm sure some areas will be rough, I can provide a trail report from Twin Lakes area Sunday.[/QUOTE]

gkolar

I've seen worse, but far from great....Happy to get a ride in vs thinking about one. Didn't loose any teeth either (ha ha). Pray for more snow or the lakes to freeze up.

1-20-19 (5).jpg

Snirtdawg

Aside from gkolar, nobody giving any trail reports for SE Wi. I'm heading out today to ride Kenosha and Racine with another family. Will report back later.