SE WI - Walworth, Waukesha, Racine & Kenosha Counties - 2018-19

Willbuzz

Chisel plow fields are rough in Kenosha County. Need another snow. Son rode past 2 days said it wasn’t worth riding today.

snobuilder

snobuilder must be out?

Been doing a little riding inda northwooods.
Not sure if the trails are worth a spit around here but this 8" or so is a great for Racine County Winterfest this coming Saturday the 26th. at the legendary Great Lakes Dragway.
Come join us for food, foam, live band, vendors, kids races and the radar run which include a bikini class!

00O0O_arVwGhSfuXI_1200x900.jpg

Snirtdawg

Ended up dropping in at Bong State Park and rode through Union Grove and up to Corner Bar and Grill near Raymond. Snow was a little thin at times but ridable. 85 miles total as it was good to ride closer to home. The snow this Tuesday/Wednesday should allow a large section of central Wi. to get there trails open!

ryanslyne

Sorry no report, was in the north woods playing for a few days. Looks like we will get a another storm here! :) Will report as the snow starts flying. Conditions right now, I measured 7" in my yard in East Troy when I got home from UP. My buddy came and dropped his sled at my house yesterday and went out for a little ride. He said some trails are good others are not so good. Overall he said about what he expected for SE WI. Groomer did roll through our area yesterday and things are packed in pretty good. Hopefully the 6-10" today happens then things should improve drastically.

EVENT THIS WEEKEND> EAST TROY SNOW TROJANS BRAT BASH
Saturday January 26th11AM-5PM @ Eagle Springs Pub near Waukesha/ Walworth County line. We will be getting some signs out on the trail for it this weekend. Meat raffles, booze raffles, door prize, 50/50, annual raffle, food, drinks and fun. Come on out!

RS

1fujifilm

7 inches in Elkhorn. If they do open the trails alot of them will be brutal(plowed fields). All snow that fell is light and fluffy.

No worse that 109 in the U.P. north of 12.
Just grit your teeth and keep the throttle steady at 22 MPH til it's over. Then, take a shot of whisky a hot tub and go to bed.

Bear

old abe

Not sure if the trails are worth a spit around here but this 8" or so is a great for Racine County Winterfest this coming Saturday the 26th. at the legendary Great Lakes Dragway.
Come join us for food, foam, live band, vendors, kids races and the radar run which include a bikini class!

Yeah, bikini run, plus some Jameson, oh no?

snobuilder

Sorry no report, was in the north woods playing for a few days. Looks like we will get a another storm here! :) Will report as the snow starts flying. Conditions right now, I measured 7" in my yard in East Troy when I got home from UP. My buddy came and dropped his sled at my house yesterday and went out for a little ride. He said some trails are good others are not so good. Overall he said about what he expected for SE WI. Groomer did roll through our area yesterday and things are packed in pretty good. Hopefully the 6-10" today happens then things should improve drastically.

EVENT THIS WEEKEND> EAST TROY SNOW TROJANS BRAT BASH
Saturday January 26th11AM-5PM @ Eagle Springs Pub near Waukesha/ Walworth County line. We will be getting some signs out on the trail for it this weekend. Meat raffles, booze raffles, door prize, 50/50, annual raffle, food, drinks and fun. Come on out!

RS

I didn't realize that Walworth Co. was open.

They need to update the Travel WI website.

MKW

Strange winter when we might have to trailer SOUTH to go riding!! Happy for you guys down there, I know you don't get it very often. Looks like another good bit of snow heading your way this afternoon and tonight..

Snirtdawg

How can you get to the track by trail? I went by the fairgrounds yesterday, so I was close.

chop

The dragstrip is actually on the Kenosha county (south) side of KR. That being said, the 2018 racine county map shows it on there. They are a map sponsor so Im sure that they are on the signs. In years past the signs said "torque alley tap" which is the name of the bar at the track.

Looks like it should be a good time this year. The cold weather later this week should set up the snow. I wonder how many bikini riders will turn up. My phone says a high of 10* for saturday.

ryanslyne

I didn't realize that Walworth Co. was open.

They need to update the Travel WI website.

Snobuilder, we try to keep all venues updated but some times some slip through the cracks. As far as I know there was an issue with the travel Wisconsin update. Best bet is snow phone and/or Facebook. The Travel Wisconsin site is a pain as far as I understand and I would bet majority of the counties are not updated very frequently. So just a heads up on that.

RS

- - - Updated - - -

Plowed another fresh 6" or so this AM in East Troy. That was at 6am this morning and it was coming down hard and fast. My driveway is fairly large by the time I was done there was another fresh inch or so of snow laid down where I first started. I would say total snow in East Troy is around 12-14" from the last two storms. I have a buddy heading out shortly to give me a report but it sure did look nice on my way into work this morning. I would venture to guess that the conditions have drastically improved. It is still snowing now but not as heavy as before but still coming down. I am sure I will have to plow again tonight a few inches at least. Hoping to get out for a ride tonight or tomorrow. Will report back when I do.

RS

snobuilder

Snobuilder, we try to keep all venues updated but some times some slip through the cracks. As far as I know there was an issue with the travel Wisconsin update. Best bet is snow phone and/or Facebook. The Travel Wisconsin site is a pain as far as I understand and I would bet majority of the counties are not updated very frequently. So just a heads up on that.

RS

- - - Updated - - -

Plowed another fresh 6" or so this AM in East Troy. That was at 6am this morning and it was coming down hard and fast. My driveway is fairly large by the time I was done there was another fresh inch or so of snow laid down where I first started. I would say total snow in East Troy is around 12-14" from the last two storms. I have a buddy heading out shortly to give me a report but it sure did look nice on my way into work this morning. I would venture to guess that the conditions have drastically improved. It is still snowing now but not as heavy as before but still coming down. I am sure I will have to plow again tonight a few inches at least. Hoping to get out for a ride tonight or tomorrow. Will report back when I do.

RS

Wasn't looking to make anyone defensive. I just like the idea of the travel WI site as a very quick snapshot of the entire state without visiting facialbook or making several phone calls. I think my thought process is right on. One call that's all (One site, That's right)....LOL.....makes more sense to me. Never heard any complaints about posting on that site either.....Many are joining in....can't be all that difficult.

Agree on the 2 perfect snowfalls for this area. Is the WCSA going out to groom the entire system before the deep freeze?
Tichigan got out today up to the Walworth Co. trails. East end of Walworth near the bypass wasn't groomed yet this afternoon.
Time to lay it down. Thur and Fri. night will be busy.

Last edited: