Should Michigan offer a daily trail permit?

Should Michigan offer a daily trail permit?

• Keep it the way it is

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Offer a daily or weekend pass

Votes: 56 68.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goofy600

The DNR sold 123,147 trail permits in the 2015-16 season, down from 133,238 the previous year, a 9 percent decrease.

Trail permits this year are $48. Last year they were $45.

Michigan had 267,985 registered snowmobiles as of May 1 this year. That was down from 269,885 the previous year, a decrease of 1 percent.

The decrease in trail permits and registrations has an impact on the upcoming grooming season.

“The snowmobile budget for the state is down,” Yesney said. “We had a very low snow year last year and trail permit numbers were down.”

This was in an article posted in area conditions a few weeks back my question is 267000 registered sled in Michigan and only 123000 trail passes that's half and what about all the out of state stickers? What am I missing the numbers don't make any sense to me.

scoot

my question is 267000 registered sled in Michigan and only 123000 trail passes that's half and what about all the out of state stickers? What am I missing the numbers don't make any sense to me.

I register my trail sleds when they're due. But I haven't bought trail stickers in years as they haven't left my trailer. I just can't bring myself to sell them, yet.

goofy600

I register my trail sleds when they're due. But I haven't bought trail stickers in years as they haven't left my trailer. I just can't bring myself to sell them, yet.

I get that can happen but only half all registered sleds buy trail passes and no out of state just doesn't make sense to me