Sled auctions

snowho96

Does anybody know if there is any place in the midwest that has onsite or online auctions that specializes in powersports? I am getting quite the accumulation of stuff i need to move and am not having much luck moving it.

LoveMyDobe

Hey Brad, Hubby Rod will come down and do your auction!!!!!!! Try contacting Greg Kastli in Waterloo and see if he has any auctions coming up you can put your things on

snowho96

Thanks for the responses. I have been trying craiglist but all we get is tire kickers wasting my time or they want it for scrap price. Was looking for something like auctiontime geared towards powersports.

snobuilder

Thanks for the responses. I have been trying craiglist but all we get is tire kickers wasting my time or they want it for scrap price. Was looking for something like auctiontime geared towards powersports.

I personally have had great results selling all kinds of items on craigslist.
I don't let the folks who want to negrotiate via text without seeing what I have piss me off....just tell them to come look if they are serious and cash is their best negotiating tool. If they are a long distance away and willing to call me I sometimes will talk price.

Give some examples of what you are trying to sell and the price.

Just checked the snowmobile classifieds here on JD and see that 3 sleds were sold in the past day or 2....all 3 had good price starters hence my interest.

Last edited:

1fujifilm

Everything sells on Craigslist - everything - just need to weed through the crap responses

Sellers must be knowledgeable on the market value of their items too and be prepared to ask a bit less than market to move iron (or aluminum). Take Craigslist on any day of the week; there are leftover machines from 2017 that are new (take Polaris sleds and ATV's) and you will find a handful of people who have no clue of the market (or what time of year to buy cheap) and only know what they paid new and ask something minus a few bucks from what they paid and they receive no calls or interest. For example, a new leftover 570 Polaris 570 ATV is between $5,000 and $5,200 six months of every year since they came out and you will see guys trying to sell their exact two year old machine for the same price and wonder why no one calls..HELLO!
OMG, do some research.

Bear

Last edited:

snobuilder

Sellers must be knowledgeable on the market value of their items too and be prepared to ask a bit less than market to move iron (or aluminum). Take Craigslist on any day of the week; there are leftover machines from 2017 that are new (take Polaris sleds and ATV's) and you will find a handful of people who have no clue of the market (or what time of year to buy cheap) and only know what they paid new and ask something minus a few bucks from what they paid and they receive no calls or interest. For example, a new leftover 570 Polaris 570 ATV is between $5,000 and $5,200 six months of every year since they came out and you will see guys trying to sell their exact two year old machine for the sale price and wonder why no one calls..HELLO!
OMG, do some research.

Bear

right on, fuji.....I think of myself as a bargain hunter but since 2013 or so the 3 bargains I "got" were quickly under priced over the next few seasons to where I can buy the exact same units, several model years newer, for THOUSANDS less today....Oh well....LOL

1fujifilm

right on, fuji.....I think of myself as a bargain hunter but since 2013 or so the 3 bargains I "got" were quickly under priced over the next few seasons to where I can buy the exact same units, several model years newer, for THOUSANDS less today....Oh well....LOL

Nice work.