Slow ?

polarisrider1

Just a little. I keep having to go through all the password crap every other week. not sure why? Thought John Banned me for good this time! lol. Got timed out for 15 minutes 2 times yesterday for not being sure if the 0 was a O,o or 0. life goes on.

chords

YES - Got AT&T DSL, and my PC is a little slow with anything with mega ads, but compared to the "old" JD its like waitin and watchin' for the next water drip.

ezra

not bad on JD but HCS will hardly open at all for me but I do need to keep signing in every few days on jd

azandy

I follow several forum type sites. Using my computer, android phone, and Motorola xoom. They all work well. Keep all updated and clean. Should help.
I am a moderator on one site. I will say the ads might slow some down a little. But the time, effort, and cost needs to be covered somehow. I think John does a nice job with this site.
Keep up the great job you do.

skiroule

It's software - it's mission in life is to keep us wondering what it's doing...

For me, the difference seems to be the internet hookup. I have cable at home (which, in spite of what PR1 says, is awesome) and this site is consistently fast - which is impressive considering some of the loading that this site incurs. Doubly impressive when my home equipment is 10+ years old.

At work, it's awful. I can get and drink a cup of coffee before the discussion board opens, but it's that way with every site. You'd think they are discouraging surfing and promoting work.

I've commented many times to my friends about how impressed I am with the server speed on this site and nothing has happened to change that impression.

T

Team Elkhorn

Our home internet service here in Hooterville used to be pretty good, but since its been bought out by a larger company its been terrible! One day its fast next day its slow. Half the time if you want to view a video, forget about it! John Dee however seems to be one of the only sites that still functions well when our web service is in turtle mode.
Maybe that's why Ive been more chatty here than usual. :)