slp silencer

laugy

I have an SLP Pipe and Silencer for sale that was taken off my 700 dragon... It is listed in the parts area. Will take offers. For me, the pipe was not a hole lot louder, just a distinct different sound.

ezra

short answer...no...do you want somewhere to ride tomorrow?Cans close trails period

is this a fact or just your fingers tapping?
slp ERA2007 pipes and cans all pass the 88 decibel limit mandated buy the fed
SLP ERA2007 pipes and cans all passed the SAE J-2567 stationary sound test below 88 decibels

So is a slp can for a 700 poo going to close any trails Not unless the guy riding it is leaving the trail and driving over the guys alfalfa instead.
now to the real ? no the 700 poo will not get much out of a can 5 lbs a 700 poo wont make much more even with full pipe set up like 6hp for what 600 bucks don't think so.the only real power u will get out of a 700 is to port it then pipe it u may get like 15hp out of it then.still lots of time and $$$ for 15 HP
I think the last modern sled to get any more than 9hp from a pipe set up was the f/m 1000 that sled was around 25hp with a slp pipe and fuel controller.
I think the last sled to get that kind of jump from a pipe set were the old Yammi 600/700 triple red heads think they were close to 30

Last edited:

ezra

IMHO the 120 would be better spet on clutching a 700poo than a 6lb saving can
but that shinny silver can looks nice when u lift the hood but also kinda 1/2 ars if it is not conected to a nice shiny pipe and y pipe

alwaysright

worth it???

Worth what? what are you trying to value? If you value the weight loss and don't want to go on a diet then I'd say yes. $120 for 5-6 lbs is a good deal. The average cost to lose 1 lb is $237 (see attached article) so I'd say yes it is worth the price for the weight savings alone.

If you "value" sounding louder/faster (but not going any faster) then I'd also say yes.

If you don't put a value on sounding faster or think you can lose weight for about 1/10th the price of the national average, then I'd say no.

I like them, I think they sound better and all slp's stuff is ERA2007 compliant as mentioned above so wouldn't worry about any trails closing.

Go for it. Good price especially if it's in good shape.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellness/jenny-craig-lap-band-price-pound-lose-weight/story?id=11939138

rakins800

I've got a 08 700 Dragon. With the SLP pipe and can. Love it. If you go this route, you will have to reweight the clutching. However, the secondary is fine left stock.

muss

You wont have to do any re clutching with an SLP can. I have had an SLP can on everyone of my Revs since 2004 to 2011 and have never had to re clutch, it even says so in the directions, you will need a few extra springs though that you can buy at farm and fleet.

You wont have to do any re clutching with an SLP can. I have had an SLP can on everyone of my Revs since 2004 to 2011 and have never had to re clutch, it even says so in the directions, you will need a few extra springs though that you can buy at farm and fleet.
Why the extra springs?

Modman440

I ran a sno stuff can on my sno pro way to darn loud dnr hated me in trout lake only place i got pulled over go figure in the town where my cabin is. was leaving the trout lake tavern had a band there and i goosed it into a wheelie over a snow bank dnr officer said nice wheelie but way to loud. told me to change it or id get a noise violation well next day sunday morning we went up to kenith road we got some buddys up that way with some nice property that drifts alot and after i passed yogis cabins guess who was at that darn stop sign up a little ways yup u guessed it mr dnr officer he stopped me asked if i changed it i was honest said no told him why n that was because stock one was at my house in indiana he gave me a nice noise violation ticket and said that he doesnt wanna see a nice guy get any more tickets....Basicaly long story short loud pipes cause trouble and close trails. I now only have one sled with aftermarket and thats a snocross sled i jump with and play on private property with

F

fusion

Mod....that doesn't mean every single pipe sold, especially these days, is too loud. Some of these things are pretty tame, and they give a sled different exhaust sound and in some cases moderate performance gains. I say to each his own with their exhaust or other mods. When Harleys start being held to the same standard as me on my Apex, I'll be 1st in line to say start handing out tickets. Until then, palease, spare me the drama and leave me alone out on trail 8 between Conover and Boulder. If the pipe meets DB standards, it's legal and nobody's doing anything wrong. This topic really gets me steamed. I can be sitting in my car with the windows closed and have some total clown go screamin by me on the road and scares the crap outta me on a nice peaceful drive home. Those pipes aren't legal either, but law enforcement looks the other way because Harley's are made in WI and we don't want to aggravate the bikers and manufacturer. But me ridin in the middle a nowhere, I have to worry about some D near russia agent writin me up for scarin a tree. Total double standard and makes no sense.

But by all means, lets be reasonable about the noise and buy only pipes within the DB limit. (wink, wink, nod, nod) Off soapbox.

Modman440

Sorry fusion I didn't mean all cans or pipes I guess that put a bad taste in my mouth I didn't think it was loud neither did my uncle who bought it for me I he said it was legal but every officer said it was way to Loud so I deamed it to loud I now run stock but I do miss my rumble just don't wanna buy something and go through getting a ticket or having to carry stock in my trailer or truck I guess bad subject for me because all I've had is trouble with aftermarket pipes and cans any recommendations I'd like its a 2010 snow pro 500 with speedwerks big bore kit just don't want another ticket

ezra

sno stuff is the worst for noise I don't think I have ever seen one that u cant see right through.
I had a SS on a summit 800 yrs back like 2000 or so had to pull it off gave me a head ache after ridding a few hrs but for a few min it would sound sweet when u would lay it over and braap it.