Sno Valley Riders Report - Sidnaw/Bruce Crossing Area

Dave_B

Groomer Report

We started grooming again last night, all the trails look good except for trail #3 north from Bruce Crossing to Rockland. Quite a bit of water on that trail, use caution. Overall we lost a lot of the base with the warm weather last weekend so you may encounter some dirt here and there.

Trail #3 north to Rockland is in FAIR condition with lots of wet areas, use caution.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 South is in Good condition.

Trail #3 south from the grade to the CC road is in GOOD condition. Some thin snow areas.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 south intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition with a few wet spots and some thin snow in areas.

Trail #8 from Trout Greek to Sidnaw is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in GOOD condition.

We are grooming nightly, conditions allowing.

Watch for the groomers, they take up most of the trail and have the right of way!

Please remove your helmets before entering a business.

Have a fun and safe trip!

For more area news and information, visit our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sno-...-Club-SidnawBruce-Crossing-Mi/136797989679726

mrsrunningbear

Sno Valley Riders are grooming nightly again

CAUTION** trail #3 north from Bruce Crossing to Rockland. Quite a bit of water on the trail, especially about a mile or 2 north of trail 8, USE CAUTION PLEASE it is still early season and it seems a lot of the trails through out the area have areas of caution

Trail #3 north to Rockland is in FAIR condition with lots of wet areas, use CAUTION. With the rise in streams there could be areas that open up where snow has been pushed in to fill holes/low spots, take it easy on this trail.

Trail #3 south from the grade to the CC road is in GOOD condition. Some thin snow areas.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 south intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition with a few wet spots and some thin snow in areas.

Trail #8 from Trout Greek to Sidnaw is in GOOD condition.

They are grooming nightly, conditions allowing.

Dave_B

Groomer Report

We are grooming, all the trails look good except for trail #3 north from Bruce Crossing to Rockland. Quite a bit of water on that trail, use CAUTION. Overall we lost a lot of the base with the warm weather last weekend so you may encounter some dirt here and there.

Looks like a couple warm days, in the forecast, watch for wet areas.

Trail #3 north to Rockland is in FAIR condition with lots of wet areas, use CAUTION. With the rise in streams there could be areas that open up where snow has been pushed in to fill holes/low spots, take it easy on this trail.

Trail #3 south from the grade to the CC road is in FAIR condition. Some thin snow areas.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in GOOD condition.

We are grooming nightly, conditions allowing.

Watch for the groomers, they take up most of the trail and have the right of way!

MJL

Possible criminal coming to rob store...... usually has face covered with mask. If you are working behind counter you dont know peoples intentions when they walk in coveréd up.

whitedust

I get it but UP & Vilas used to it no one has ever asked me to remove my helmet in all my years of riding.

I get it but UP & Vilas used to it no one has ever asked me to remove my helmet in all my years of riding.

It's a changing world. I had actually never given the idea much thought either, but it certainly makes sense and I will be keeping it in mind this winter.

Dave_B

Groomer Report,

Use CAUTION on all the trails this time of the season, you may encounter some thin areas here and there.

The temps have cooled off and we are getting a little snow every day so the trails should come around nicely in the next few days.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in GOOD condition with some wet areas, use CAUTION.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 South is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in FAIR condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Creek to Sidnaw is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in EXCELLENT condition.

Where is says “Base” above, I am saying we have 18″ of snow on average in our area out away from the trail. There is lots of variation in snow depth/thickness on the trails so there is no good way to check or report that.

*********STAY ON YOUR OWN SIDE OF THE TRAIL IN THE CORNERS***********

We are grooming nightly if the conditions allow.

For more area news and information, visit our Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sno-V...36797989679726

dogflog

Thanks again for these detailed reports. The loop from Mass to Sidnaw to Bruce to Mass is one of my favorites. See you in a few days.

Happy Trails!

catalac

Good report, just a question. When you say to remove our helmets before entering a business, you don't mean you want us to leave them outside do you? I guess I don't understand what the reason is. Just wondering.

oktaneho

You can bring your helmets inside. They want you to take them off so they can see your face if you rob the place. Of course, the guy that ACTUALLY intends to rob the place (disguised as a snowmobiler) probably isn't going to take his off, so it's kind of pointless.

The gas station/grocery store in Bergland used to have a sign on the front door telling you to take your helmet off before entering. My buddy didn't notice it and walked in with his on and got a little tongue lashing by the clerk.

Dave_B

The reasons for taking them off are covered pretty well in earlier posts. Same concept as walking into a bank with a ski mask on. It's just not a good idea. Like someone said, It's a changing world.

Leaving them outside is really up to you. I would never do it, though.

Dave_B

Other than the occasional drive off, I don't have poser related crime statistics for the Western UP.

The club was asked to post the message by several business owners so, we are.

Next time you are up, ask each business owner whether they prefer to have someone walk in with their helmet on, or off, and let us know what the overall concensus is.
Thanks!

polarisrider1

That's why I like pay at the pump. Get it and go. But if I owned a gas station I would have a sign on the door saying no helmets or hoodies in store. And maybe ad, "pull up your pants".

Dave_B

Groomer Report,

Use CAUTION on all the trails this time of the season, you may encounter some thin areas here and there.

The temps have cooled off and we are getting a little snow every day so the trails are doing nicely.

Trail #3 North to Rockland is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8 from Ewen to trail #3 South is in GOOD condition.

Trail #3 South from the railroad grade to the CC road is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8 from the trail #3 South intersection to Trout Creek is in GOOD condition.

Trail #8 from Trout Greek to Sidnaw is in EXCELLENT condition.

Trail #8/15 from Sidnaw to the trail #109 intersection is in EXCELLENT condition.

Where is says “Base” above, I am saying we have 18″ of snow on average in our area out away from the trail. There is lots of variation in snow depth/thickness on the trails so there is no good way to report that.

*********STAY ON YOUR OWN SIDE OF THE TRAIL IN THE CORNERS***********

We are grooming nightly if the conditions allow.

Please remove your helmets, and pull up your pants, before entering a business. :)