Snow Storm Feb 21 and 22

Sweep800

12" of snow in northern WI twisty turny trails translates to 12" moguls, Better to get smaller snow fall more frequently if you ask me.
A lot different up der in da UP with the wide sweeping trails, much less throttling up and down and braking going on. (just my 2 cents)

wisco-mb

Well, we got slapped here, real fine grainy snow, guessing around 5", difficult to say exactly as the winds were pretty nasty, drifted pretty heavily in areas. Schools have been closed in the UP from Marquette to Houghton, NMU is not holding classes today. Brockway is not being groomed right now due to the amount snow. We are suppose to be in for another 10" today & tonight, quite frankly, I've had enough. I feel like I live on the end of a shovel & behind the wheel of my plow buggy. Simply put, I'm burned out. I wish I could make it happen elsewhere or at least share it, but, no can do.

10" is about what I've had for our entire season to date. I would take any of Mezz's leftovers he could send our way!

The big snowstorms that all went south, have been predicted 4 days in advanced. None of those snow storms hardly moved in predictions. Spot on 4 days in advanced. Never works like that..

timo

ummmm,,,,yah sure....
12" of snow in northern WI twisty turny trails translates to 12" moguls, Better to get smaller snow fall more frequently if you ask me.
A lot different up der in da UP with the wide sweeping trails, much less throttling up and down and braking going on. (just my 2 cents)

MKW

55452D82-5DC4-479D-9C6F-2A4A700D0F6A.jpeg
49a2da44-b242-444e-b5d8-2d85c7c9927a-jpg.67063
Almost 2” here In Eau Claire and done snowing...still waiting for the 8-12 or 4-8 whatever?!

pclark

Well, as of 6pm I would say that we picked up additional 7" between 1pm and 6pm today. It snowed hard today and with Mondays snow we stand at 11" of new snow from the storm so close to the forecast of 12"-18".

hybrid

northeast price got 7-8"today lots of drifting from the wind
still snowing lightly
we only got an inch yesterday
should be excellent conditions after this storm

attakman

Well..it started snowing here around 130pm..we have 4 plus inches...and it just started snowing again ...so its looking better...go 40 miles north and west of here and there's double what we have...lac du flambeau with 8 to 9 inches so far.

mezz

As of Wednesday, we ended up with another 7"+, again, difficult to say exactly due to the winds. Very fine grainy snow, quite dense & not so easy to move. There is plenty to play in, as well as work in. Streets are getting real narrow & in some area's running out of room to put it. I'll try to put up some pictures later if I can find some time.
Here are a few pictures.... and this is nothing compared to 8 mi North or, 15 mi South of me....

Attachments

• Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 1.jpg
    Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 2.jpg
    Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 3.jpg
    Winter - Feb 24, 2022 - 3.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: