snowbikes

cooksend

Groomerdriver it appears that others have beat me to a response. You clearly have not gathered enough information to make an educated decision.

ezra

I rode with a guy out west who rode one. No way these snow bikes can ride on a trail WOT. But as soon as he got into powder, he was able to ride. Unless they figure something out with a better front ski, I don't think anyone has anything to worry about on trails.
like this?
View attachment 54238

tilltheend

They are NOT legal in Wisconsin (thank God) and hopefully it will stay that way.

These club guys are so smart they figured a way to fund a shrinking sport by excluding a new user group with zero actual info, great business model. I need them to run my company....

ezra

These club guys are so smart they figured a way to fund a shrinking sport by excluding a new user group with zero actual info, great business model. I need them to run my company....
not all club guys. I am the prez of ours and have been fighting the powers that be about it for 2 yrs now.
thing is it is a 2 way street. if guys are not in a club there opinions and concerns will never be given a 2nd thought . but if the older set in the ways guys are not inviting it will all just end in less than 20yrs.
in fact IMHO if u are not in a club U have 0 right to complain about anything related to snowmobiling . but then I am no spring chicken

groomerdriver

Groomerdriver it appears that others have beat me to a response. You clearly have not gathered enough information to make an educated decision.

Yea.....NOBODY is going to spin the track and trench it out. Okey dokey.

- - - Updated - - -

So U just told the world u don't know anything about them and are just assuming and using that assumption as fact. u can not tear up a trail with 50hp spinning a 13.5 wide 121/136 1.5 track .
again I say old men sitting around asking why wont kids join my club.

Yea.....NOBODY is going to spin the track and trench it out. Go ahead ezra...you know it all too.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is buying a snow bike to ride Wi snirt trails. Get back to telling the young punks to get off your lawn. Snow bikes don't need or want groomed trails.

Then don't come here deertic. I'm good with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea.....NOBODY is going to spin the track and trench it out. AND......I get it about the twisty's and no rutting.

You guys all think that these things aren't going to have the ability to trench out a fresh groomed trail? Setup or not?

Keep living in your internet keyboard hero legend in your own mind fantasy world. Yep...this sport has a GREAT future ahead of it!

- - - Updated - - -

How 'bout those ATV's and SxS's on a trail? They do wonders for the condition of the trail don't they? Oh yea....they can't ride about 28 degress! (uh..how many of them obey that law? = very few).

Yea this sport is going downhill because of "old" (TFF!) people like me. All riders (even peeps on this board and y'all "get it") need to look in the mirror.

- - - Updated - - -

I am the prez of ours and have been fighting the powers that be about it for 2 yrs now.
thing is it is a 2 way street. if guys are not in a club there opinions and concerns will never be given a 2nd thought . but if the older set in the ways guys are not inviting it will all just end in less than 20yrs. in fact IMHO if u are not in a club U have 0 right to complain about anything related to snowmobiling . but then I am no spring chicken

Yep for sure. Try moving to an area where an outsider is totally shunned. Talk about an uphill, losing battle!

- - - Updated - - -

The fishing here is just too good sometimes!

ezra

well first off I have ridden one in fresh and one a trail a st timberseld under a suk 450 .
u hammer on the hard pack from a stop and u get almost no spin fr end pops up and u go. I don't have enough time on one to try to hang corners on hard pack but not sure many guys could lay a flat track on its side to even close to 28% and trench it out or even keep it from washing out.
again u are going on assumptions u and a room full of guys made and are using as fact .
I get it change is scary but your guys should actually go ride one before working on changing laws because u assume something .
last point I went to a lot of schools growing up

Last edited:

whitedust

not all club guys. I am the prez of ours and have been fighting the powers that be about it for 2 yrs now.
thing is it is a 2 way street. if guys are not in a club there opinions and concerns will never be given a 2nd thought . but if the older set in the ways guys are not inviting it will all just end in less than 20yrs.
in fact IMHO if u are not in a club U have 0 right to complain about anything related to snowmobiling . but then I am no spring chicken

I have seen the old guard at club meetings that don't ride anymore complain about trail speed & totally do not understand new sled capabilities as their sleds are all late 90s Indys. I can ride one handed at the speeds they are hanging on for dear life & they just don't understand how good moderen sled tech is. Forget about snowbikes they don't have a clue what they are dealing with. Me I demo all types of new sled tech every year and try to stay current this year will be a Sidewinder & a snowbike when I can find one to ride. Now this year old club I left is complaining they need help brushing last year I sent a dozen emails asking to be hooked up for trail brushing ...no response to any of my emails so I moved on. Very true Club old guard needs to get all people involved young and old and I'm not sure why they don't? ....seemed soooo obvious to me they were/are stuck in a rut.

cooksend

Groomerdriver: I think some first hand experience may just change your opinion on this. That or we can just limit any opportunity that may cause damage to a groomed trail system. Guess that means we wont be sledding either!

warner

Any one on this board is welcome to throw a leg over my snowbike, how will you find me this winter?I'll be the guy cutting a trench across the trail I guess.

ezra

Any one on this board is welcome to throw a leg over my snowbike, how will you find me this winter?I'll be the guy cutting a trench across the trail I guess.
groomerdriver will be the one shaking a broom in his fist yelling at u " u dammmm kids "

ezra

nice try yeah slapping a track on a gsxr 1000 would prob trench out a trail but what do u think would happen to that thing attempting to corner?
it is the equivalent of running glen Halls 660ft sled down the trail.
99.9% of snow bikes are 450 or less thumpers so what less than 40hp to the snow spinning a 1.75lug 13.5 wide 121 or 136long

groomerdriver

nice try yeah slapping a track on a gsxr 1000 would prob trench out a trail but what do u think would happen to that thing attempting to corner?

I don't care is my answer.

BUT.....we can agree that we disagree and I'll let it go at that.....will you?