Snowmobile Lock

dcsnomo

Does anybody use a snowmobile lock? Are they any good, or a nuisance? What brand, where would I buy one?

P

polaris_5

After having a sled stolen from Houghton we cable all of are sleds together at night and some stops. Not to much of a pain I figure if they're gone steal it at least make them work for it.

snowbullet

when we go up to the U.P. My buds use a great big logging chain threw the front suspention and around a telaphone pole or what have you . I just lock them up in my trailor also adding a bulldog talking mini alarm to my sled this year !! we try to stay at motels with responsible front desk help and well lit areas up in the front of building ! So far No problems with stealing for 5 years Knock on wood ! but then again we dont sleep much ride alot cat nap and ride some more when we go up there !

polarisrider1

We just park the sleds in a tight row, with the oldest sled in the front as close to a window in the room we are staying. Locks are a hassle. Insure sled and hope to get a new one is my theory. In the past we have had 2 sleds stolen. One in Wellston at the Deer Horn on M55 and one in Houghton lake at tip-up town on M55. Not a good feeling to find sled gone.

indy_500

that's why places like mickey d's are good to stop at on the trail...in and out in 15-20 min.

ezra

Allstate the only way to be sure you don't get your sled riped off is full coverage.the day you drop full coverage is the day they hook up and take all your toys

rev500

Never let the sleds sit out overnight. Trailer them every night and lock it. When we backpack we cable lock them together and cover and tie a tarp over them. They cannot see the sleds and do not know if it is something they want or something that has the parts they want without removing a very noise blue tarp. Has worked so far.

indy_500

hopefully it's a snowy night too so the snow covers the blue tarp..well maybe just hope a snowplow doesn't plow them up

jpsted

Best lock I've found so far!

your_image.gif