Snowmobile transport to out west.

rcp

Who knows the names of companies that transport snowmobiles and riders from the midwest to outwest? They do all the driving so when you get there, you are ready to ride. Seems like John Dee used this method some years ago.

Banjo Man

Try calling 800-747-4100. It's an Allied Van Lines motorcycle transport agent. They handle sleds
and are competitive in pricing.

cuzzinolaf

I know I'm gonna catch some flack for this but have to ask. Do people ever use the search feature or is this just a way to get plugs in for Mom's Motorsports? It seems these threads come up every week or so and everyone chimes in with Mom's. We get it and know that Mom's transports sleds and riders out west. Do that many people not see this in older threads and feel the need to ask?

Last edited:
I know I'm gonna catch some flack for this but have to ask. Do people ever use the search feature or is this just a way to get plugs in for Mom's Motorsports? It seems these threads come up every week or so and everyone chimes in with Mom's. We get it and know that Mom's transports sled and riders out west. Do that many people not see this in older threads and feel the need to ask?

Nope, you're dead on on with that assessment.

polarisrider1

Nope, you're dead on on with that assessment.
Not sure? but starting to see it on everything posted, such as the video of the guy on the edge, etc. then I look at their post count and it is mostly under 8 posts, so I suspect they don't have a clue how to look things up or are new here. Look at all the oil posts and the repeat stuff with that and trail permits, etc. I suspect since Moms really has no competition and they do a great job, it makes them the only game in town. I searched the world over for others and even considered doing the same thing. I would call it "Dad's Majic Bus." But a friend of mine owns Dad'a limosine service and uses that name already. I suspect lazy posters mainly. check it out http://www.dadds.com/

ezra

I got to take a limmo van from MN to CO yrs ago. was great way to travel had a guys 18yr old kid drive and we got to party play video games watch movies lounge on the leather recliners all the way.wish he would have kept that thing

jmom800x

I know I'm gonna catch some flack for this but have to ask. Do people ever use the search feature or is this just a way to get plugs in for Mom's Motorsports? It seems these threads come up every week or so and everyone chimes in with Mom's. We get it and know that Mom's transports sleds and riders out west. Do that many people not see this in older threads and feel the need to ask?

Yes, you nailed it. Rouge accounts started up in 2009 are just now being used to get shameless plugs because I am not busy enough. Since the last posters had a counts of 2 and 3, I am guessing they are not on this site that often. I used the search function, searched transport, west, moms, momsmotorsports. Found 2 threads asking about snowmobile transport out west in the last 4 months, the first on 2-7-12 and the other 10-4-11. 1 One other thread started on 1-26 asked specifically for a recommendation or review. Far from every other week. As said by pr1, this happens with many other products/services too. In fact another thread popped asking about Burandts Back Country. We get it Chris rides well, he guides people, use the search function already. All searching and no 'open' forum questions will eventually make for an inactive forum community.

Last edited:

cuzzinolaf

I wasn't accusing and was just asking; hence the question marks. I only thought about this because people start threads without searching AND chime in on other threads with Mom's even when there are no questions about transporting sleds. Sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

jmom800x

I wasn't accusing and was just asking; hence the question marks. I only thought about this because people start threads without searching AND chime in on other threads with Mom's even when there are no questions about transporting sleds. Sorry if you took my post the wrong way.

After preforming another search, there seems to be a lack of evidence to support your claim. Searched moms and momsmotorsports, came up with 29 threads mentioning Moms since 2008. I had a hard time finding any off topic plugs. I did however find threads with people seeking information and asking questions about going west snowmobiling.

It seems that every post regarding riding in Wyoming or the west brings out the word Togwotee but that is OK. Post about boots or gear, and Klim comes up every time. There must be a conspiracy on multiple levels.

Maybe you shouldn't imply things within your post by asking questions the way you have. Couldn't you simply ask about the search or tell them how to search instead.

Last edited:

cuzzinolaf

Too bad we can't search for Mom's.

Sounds like this is a touchy subject for you. Sorry for touching a nerve.

Last edited:

jmom800x

That is too bad because I am sure you would find the same thing. Not to mention this particular thread asked a specific question regarding the subject matter at hand.

Yes it is. With guys crying to johndee and poking at the guys that express their opinions to the point where they delete or remove their comments, it has indeed touched a nerve.

I forgive you though.

RevKev

I would say it is a touchy subject for Jacob......it is his Business, and his Business is also a paid Supporter here on JD. Seems to me, if you don't agree with a topic, don't comment, or better yet, don't open the topic to begun with. Man do we need snow or what, I think it has us all on nerve a bit. Rant over.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, cuzzinolaf is not the only one who has observed this. I have gotten more than a handful of e mails about it and earlier in the season I noticed it was way out of hand and asked it to be controlled to a point. To their credit, those that I asked have done what I asked.

For what it's worth, there is a long time major sponsor of the site that also transports sleds out west, or anywhere you need it.
LANSING MOVING

-John

doospunk

I would say it is a touchy subject for Jacob......it is his Business, and his Business is also a paid Supporter here on JD. Seems to me, if you don't agree with a topic, don't comment, or better yet, don't open the topic to begun with. Man do we need snow or what, I think it has us all on nerve a bit. Rant over.[/QUOTE

Rev - Being a guy from the outside looking in, I think that's part of what strikes a cord with some here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as an outsider, I don't see Mom's sponsorship on the page like others when I come to the website, clicking from page to page. What I know about them is from the posts that you, Polarisrider1, and Mom's continuously put on the boards. It's always about your flatland videos, schedules for out west, or your and Wayne's opinion on how great the package is. For me, that's all fine and good, but why isn't it advertised like the other businesses I see on here. I'm sure they are all in the same boat as Mom's. It's their livlihood as well, but we don't see constant plugs about them. Even if we do, most people already know because they advertise their banners in some form or fashion on the site. That's just my .02 cents, but hey! I'm only stating it as see, being a regular on here.

RevKev

I would say it is a touchy subject for Jacob......it is his Business, and his Business is also a paid Supporter here on JD. Seems to me, if you don't agree with a topic, don't comment, or better yet, don't open the topic to begun with. Man do we need snow or what, I think it has us all on nerve a bit. Rant over.[/QUOTE

Rev - Being a guy from the outside looking in, I think that's part of what strikes a cord with some here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as an outsider, I don't see Mom's sponsorship on the page like others when I come to the website, clicking from page to page. What I know about them is from the posts that you, Polarisrider1, and Mom's continuously put on the boards. It's always about your flatland videos, schedules for out west, or your and Wayne's opinion on how great the package is. For me, that's all fine and good, but why isn't it advertised like the other businesses I see on here. I'm sure they are all in the same boat as Mom's. It's their livlihood as well, but we don't see constant plugs about them. Even if we do, most people already know because they advertise their banners in some form or fashion on the site. That's just my .02 cents, but hey! I'm only stating it as see, being a regular on here.
Click on Unique services on side bar...... http://www.johndee.com/Northwoods/northwoods_directory.htm Not a High dollar Banner ad, but a supporter none the less.

polarisrider1

When I find something that I feel that would really benefit fellow riders, I promote it. Such as oil, transportation, riding locations, places to stay and places to eat. MSA information, etc. I have bought from many who advertise on JDee and not had the best of results with a few, but also great results with a few more. So are we as JDeer's limited to the advertisers on this site, I think not. I see Krupps mentioned the most, is that fair to the other lodging establishments? We got a lot of finger pointing going on in here. I would never steer another snowmobiler wrong. This site is like your television, dont like the topic change the channel. I suspect the businesses and products that get mentioned over and over are doing a fantastic job and people want to share this.