• I live in the Snowbelt and make the most of the Winter Season

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • I'm incredibly wealthy with nowhere else to spend my money

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was riding with friends the other day and as often happens on a ride, I'm having random thoughts about most anything that pops into the mind...
"What to eat when we stop" or "Look at this idiot on my side of the trail" etc. and I began to wonder why I enjoy this so much.

I find that the older I get it's less about the speed and challenge and more about the over all experience. I've heard it said that it's about the smiles, not the miles. I still like to Light it Up at the right time & place, but I'm more in-tune with my surroundings now than years ago.

What about you, why do you like to snowmobile? What do you like best?

polarisrider1

i was riding with friends the other day and as often happens on a ride, i'm having random thoughts about most anything that pops into the mind...
"what to eat when we stop" or "look at this idiot on my side of the trail" etc. And i began to wonder why i enjoy this so much.

I find that the older i get it's less about the speed and challenge and more about the over all experience. I've heard it said that it's about the smiles, not the miles. I still like to light it up at the right time & place, but i'm more in-tune with my surroundings now than years ago.

What about you, why do you like to snowmobile? What do you like best?

"it's the way out!" (condensed from a 2 page answer). :)

sjshaner

I voted friends and family but it is a tie with wildlife and scenery. It is a great way to do something with the family and take in the beauty of nature at the same time.

ezra

I have yet to find a 5 step program to help me quit spending piles and piles of cash .

groomerdriver

I do it for the Citgo Sea and Snow

Classic!

It's an indescribable feeling......a combination of rush and serenity...and I don't ride fast. FWIW - I find as I get older I don't like to ride at night anymore. I like what one can see during daylight hours. I especially like going thru towns....seeing what the town is like and such.

God I love this sport!

just_ride

Just_Ride

Puts me in a whole different world!! A great escape! The longer the ride the better the escape!
And it makes me Smile!! :cool:

Just_Ride

jr37

It's all about seeing something new, different. But once in a while you just gotta squeeze the trigger.

just_ride

Trigger

It's all about seeing something new, different. But once in a while you just gotta squeeze the trigger.

Yea, Once in a while, coming out of that tight turn and seeing the trail open up to a long straight, squeezing the flipper..... feeling the sled pull Hard, the skis lift, track spin' en and rip'en ...... OH Yea!!!
Got to get North.....

Just_Ride

heckler56

No single reason out-ways any other-one for me. I get to shut work off (put me in a nursing home if I ever put a blue tooth in my helmet), get lost in my thoughts, focus entirely on the trail, stop and enjoy my surroundings, make new friends on the trail and at night, debate what brand is better, I could go on.

bobsledder

2100 miles of therapy

I focus on all that is offered when rideing! I take a break from all the day to day stuff of life.
Bob