So who all rode this weekend???

eagle1

Reports, pics??
Jealous of those that did. Working six days a week makes hard to get UP there.

indy_500

I did Saturday in Toivola/Twin Lakes, it’s dang good for mid December! They got hit last night good too. 526B0DEE-EEB4-4336-81B0-8DDCA46C1A14.jpg 0A82ACD8-9BFC-4C8C-9F23-5FFC621F1B95.jpg 9007B1F6-15C6-49B1-94B4-5156270DF4DB.jpg 976C2503-061F-4B77-A9B2-D92326C6FE70.jpg

machzdoo

I came up to Twin Lakes Friday. There is a ton of snow up here. The bridge is still not open. we had to trailer across the bridge. We had fresh groomed trails from Dollar Bay all the way to Copper Harbor. we did not see a single sled until we left Copper Harbor. We only saw about 12 sleds all day. Saturday there was more sleds all south of Houghton. One more day of fun left.

1fujifilm

I came up to Twin Lakes Friday. The bridge is still not open. we had to trailer across the bridge.

WTH!
Ok, am I about to go off..may I ask someone who lives in the area for a comment of why it is not open
Is it just me, seems to be getting late in the season to still be up?

Respectfully, Bear

euphoric1

Reports, pics??
Jealous of those that did. Working six days a week makes hard to get UP there.

X2!! uuuugh!! beginning to wonder if its my fault for there being no snow or sign of down here, Still haven't put car away yet...Or looked at sleds!

eagle1

WTH!
Ok, am I about to go off..may I ask someone who lives in the area for a comment of why it is not open

Respectfully, Bear

Bridge has been down for awhile, so not sure either????

fireworks

Greenland, Mass, Rouseau, Sidnaw, Kenton, Bruce Crossing. Perfect early season Didn't off trail. Could have. Big trip out west next week. Don't have time to wrench.

tsg

Back to the question asked: TRAIL rider only, and rode 165 miles Saturday, from 9am to 330pm. Started in Iron River and were some of the first sleds on 2 and the first on freshly groomed trail 15 north. Absolutely fantastic for all but about 1 mile where the groomers could not get through, but they made it from both the north and south points so only 1 mile ungroomed. Encountered 2 sleds about 6 miles south of 8, and that was it all the way until Hoppys. Did encounter a large wolf, several deer, and yes, 6 moose. 2 bulls and 4 cows, on the trail. They moved off slowly into the woods, but a really cool experience. A first for both my son and I!

After a good lunch at Hoppys, great ride down 107. Decided to venture to Watersmeet, and the lower part of 3 and 2 were brutal. However traffic was heavy, and a ton of sleds on the throttle. After getting gas encountered the UP Rider tucker on the grade, trying to make things better. Assume he then headed north on 3. Back east on 2 and noticed the Iron River groomer had just come through and headed north on 107. Freshly groomed trail 2 back into Iron River. 15 south out of Iron river to Brule, then back to IR, east and back on 2, and called it a day. With the exception of 3 and 2 near Watersmeet, where traffic was heavy, everything else was near perfect. 2, 15, and 107 excellent! Thanks to the committed groomer guys! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

UP RIDER

WTH!

Respectfully, Bear
Sounds like they were doing some repairs on the lower span and should be done and open on Wednesday

eagle1

Back to the question asked: TRAIL rider only, and rode 165 miles Saturday, from 9am to 330pm. Started in Iron River and were some of the first sleds on 2 and the first on freshly groomed trail 15 north. Absolutely fantastic for all but about 1 mile where the groomers could not get through, but they made it from both the north and south points so only 1 mile ungroomed. Encountered 2 sleds about 6 miles south of 8, and that was it all the way until Hoppys. Did encounter a large wolf, several deer, and yes, 6 moose. 2 bulls and 4 cows, on the trail. They moved off slowly into the woods, but a really cool experience. A first for both my son and I!

After a good lunch at Hoppys, great ride down 107. Decided to venture to Watersmeet, and the lower part of 3 and 2 were brutal. However traffic was heavy, and a ton of sleds on the throttle. After getting gas encountered the UP Rider tucker on the grade, trying to make things better. Assume he then headed north on 3. Back east on 2 and noticed the Iron River groomer had just come through and headed north on 107. Freshly groomed trail 2 back into Iron River. 15 south out of Iron river to Brule, then back to IR, east and back on 2, and called it a day. With the exception of 3 and 2 near Watersmeet, where traffic was heavy, everything else was near perfect. 2, 15, and 107 excellent! Thanks to the committed groomer guys! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Sounds awesome!! Thanks.
Love hearing all these good reports.........just wish it was me giving it.

dfattack

Those are the trails I ride the most and it's nice to hear such a good report so early in the season! I've never seen any Moose. What trail did you see them on?