South of Jackson, WY

fireworks

4-5 feet up a little higher. But couldn't stop to take pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20161230_123157964.jpg
    IMG_20161230_123157964.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 99

fireworks

No one has reported the snow fall in Hoback area. Locals up at the hot springs report 10-15 feet. Once again only got off trail 300 yards.

IMG_20170111_133937743.jpg IMG_20170111_111515567.jpg IMG_20170111_125007242.jpg

jonw

Fireworks,
I live in Victor, ID and Teton Village. Been out here for 8 years...transplant from Chicago suburbs.

I ride 2-3 days per week...typically Friday and Saturday. But also have time during the week.

We should hook up sometime

fireworks

Fireworks,
I live in Victor, ID and Teton Village. Been out here for 8 years...transplant from Chicago suburbs.

I ride 2-3 days per week...typically Friday and Saturday. But also have time during the week.

We should hook up sometime

**** Yeah! I met a girl that lives between Victor Driggs. I can come over there ride and stay at her house.

mrbb

MAN you guys have it good LOL
I used to ride in Pinedale, a way lesser known area, south of jackson
once north /north east of town, snow was always great and few if any folks really riding
BUT been about 10 yrs now since I been there, so thing maybe changed?

but MT"S /elevation and snow, got to love how reliable they make snow seem to us flat landers that BEG for a few inches just sop we can ride?
and here in PA< I have yet to have ride able snow this yr, and just one ride last yr??
Terrible snow conditions for a snowmobiler !!

keep the pic's coming guys, at least they help some !

fireworks

mrbb- Ride into Blind Bull from Horse Creek past Bondurant. Also, have rode Cora north of Pinedale too. Elk Ridge, Bacon, Tosi and Pass Peak. Yep, great riding with no traffic. Blew a chain on a new Free Ride. Left it in the woods overnight. And then we got this guy from MN. Can you tell.

IMG_20170115_111150143.jpg IMG_20170115_122324207.jpg IMG_20170115_133048258_HDR.jpg IMG_20170115_133106881_TOP.jpg

mrbb

HAHA
I rode all them pl;aces out there you listed
used to stay at the Green river guest ranch, rented cabin off them and rode from there to about the Line Shack
and in between
actually knew the guy that owned the Elk ridge lodge(sold in about 2008) owner was
a friend of mines neighbor in West Virginia , yrs back,
funny how you can run into people you know when traveling!
only riders I ran into out there last time,w ere two Amish brothers from Lancaster PA too,
sadly the one ran into the other one and killed him, was there with the state when search and rescue had to go recover him> , , sure wasn't a fun thing to watch
brother came off a jump and other rider was driving below the jump and got hit in the head while sled was airborne, like a close line hit, to the head!
kinda why I remember that trip as much as I do I think

that and well, conditions were about the best I rode in out there
sure wish it was closer or I had more budget to live off LOL

found this, maybe you seen it before, its out there, THINK this is from about 2006 or so, so going back a away LOL
but keep the pic's coming, sure more than em appreciate them!
I'm yet to even get to ride on snow this yr here, zero snow this yr really here or any place under 12+ hrs from me
crappy winter again??

Attachments

• 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 86

offpiste

Fireworks, after reading through this thread am I understanding correctly that you have a basecamp set up and are guiding people to ride the area? I am pretty much down to zero people to ride with because of schedule conflicts, all my buddy's have kids in travel spots and so forth. We made a trip to tog a few years back and I am really wanting to get back out and ride the area. Sounds crazy, but I may be making the trip solo, so I am looking at some options and came across this thread. Thanks, Dave

fireworks

Hey Dave, I am staying in Jackson and riding the area with locals and friends that come out to visit. Not guiding. Gotta be careful with that word. When were you thinking of coming out? Will you drive or fly and rent sled?
Brent

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20170129_132457263.jpg