Spray on better liner and carbides

cuzzinolaf

Do carbides dig into the spray in bed liner? Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions on what to do to avoid damaging the spray in bed liner?

G

G

Yes they will damage the liner. I have had the hard plastic liner, the rubber bed mat an the spray in bed liner. I like the spray in liner the best. To protect the liner from carbides all you need is a couple of pieces of chipboard on each side. Like a 4" by 48" two times on each side. Works for me for years.

snocrazy

You can also use those plastic ski slip ons. They are like slippers for your skis that also cover the carbides.

indy_500

If my truck bed was my mode of transportation for my sled I would hands down pick up a set of those slip on ski boots. xc700lp on here's got some for his 13 Pro rmk and work awesome, slide across the bed awesome also.

ezra

what do u guys do in your truck beds that warrants any extra effort? **** I use a rubber mat the box thats is gets totally pounded daily. and never had the used car manager say ohh that bed id scratched and dented up we are going to have to take this much off the trade.
I do heckle people when I see theses DB doing things like laying blankets down in the bed when they toss the kids bike in or at the hardware u see guys with cardboard in the bed loading a grill or bags of mulch. I blame them for the cost of trucks going through the roof.

indy_500

what do u guys do in your truck beds that warrants any extra effort? **** I use a rubber mat the box thats is gets totally pounded daily. and never had the used car manager say ohh that bed id scratched and dented up we are going to have to take this much off the trade.
I do heckle people when I see theses DB doing things like laying blankets down in the bed when they toss the kids bike in or at the hardware u see guys with cardboard in the bed loading a grill or bags of mulch. I blame them for the cost of trucks going through the roof.
If you saw how I take care of my trucks you'd laugh. Different people have different opinions.

cuzzinolaf

I always had the plastic bed liners and never worried until this truck. This is my first time having a spray in bedliner and I had no choice in the option since it was done at the factory. Sorry if I want to keep the bed decent on my brand new truck that cost me a pretty penny.

ezra

I just cat do those plastic things way to hard on the knees . ever take out a plastic liner after 4 or 5 yrs better off with out one prob have more paint left

alwaysright

ridiculous

why not use the plastic drop in on top of the spay in liner. Carbides slide on the plastic drop-ins very nice and they will protect that expensive spay in bed liner from ever being damaged!

elf

The couple times I've hauled my sled in the truck bed I've thrown a pc of cardboard in for the skis to sit on. Works fine and doesn't damage the bedliner. For everything else I haul in there I just toss it in. But I agree with cuzzinolaf, why not take a minute to protect it a bit. Big investment in the truck and even the spray in bed liner.

frosty

Cuzz.....don't worry about it. I loaded the XF in the truck last season and the past couple with brand new carbides, just left a little line in the liner. It didn't cut into it, kinda like a scratch that will go away in the summer when you leave it out in the sun and liner softens again. Leave the truck out the night before you load, it will freeze solid. Then you can ice skates in the bed.

Besides that....it will be in my enclosed trailer anyway!

Grant Hoar

See what youse wants to do is keep a set of dose worn out carbides with you, you know, da ones that were brand new befores you took that short trip driving on dose great Illinois trails.

Take off your brand new carbides before loading in the truck and put on de worn out wons, dat way ye wont scratch up yer pretty spray-in bedliner. Then, whens you unload, just switch them back again. No scratches to dat pretty bedliner, and you also wont wear out dose expensive Bergstroms running dem over that tough plastic liner.

Simple!!