Storm Central: Friday 1-12-24

attakman

Snowing and blowing near nokomis...its coming down at a good clip, but it's really fine...and not accumulating very much...about an inch since 9 am...supposed to pick up in intensity this evening...sure hope so ...otherwise we'll be lucky to get two inches

wisco-mb

Probably another 7" in North Columbia county. My boy already has 15-20 miles on the 120 today. Deep in the field! Trails opened at 3! Various S, WI counties are starting to open.

JimAndros

Measured snow in my yard (east central Waushara County) yesterday & had 7".
Just measured again & have good 14". Still snowing steady.

Nine inches herein northern IL. Still coming down. Our trails are closed until saturday morning. If you go out before hand and get stopped you will be trespassing. Hot line # for Mchenry Co. 815-334-7669. we do connect with Wisconsin.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Old Man Winter is pounding us today in Neenah. We had to go out for a family birthday gathering and I can't recall the last time I needed 4-wheel drive to get around town. I'm not complaining, the wife and dog don't like it, but I'll be sleeping with a grin on my face tonight!
Tomorrow, we ride!

eagle1

Gotta be double digits on the west side of Appleton. Hard to tell with the blowing and drifting but it’s a lot. Been out road riding the last couple hours!
I thought about going out ....but I'm in my comfy pants now.😂

timo

Gotta be double digits on the west side of Appleton. Hard to tell with the blowing and drifting but it’s a lot. Been out road riding the last couple hours!
I just came in from road riding as well,, bouncing into a farm field I have the green light to do and it’s deep. Bare grass 6 days ago, 7 inches Tuesday, 3 Wednesday night and right now I’d say 12 plus in West Bend from this storm. When this storm ends tomorrow it’ll approach 30 inches on ground since Tuesday.
Lesssss gooo

indy_500

I thought about going out ....but I'm in my comfy pants now.😂
Little dude has a friend sleeping over, I pulled them around on the otter sled throughout the neighborhood for a good hour before the 3 of us hopped on the old 2up and road some county roads. Couldn’t imagine driving a vehicle anywhere, it’s bad!!

We got 5” Tuesday, 2” Wednesday night, and will probably be 10-15 from this storm. 2 feet and I bet our trails still won’t open LOL

Might drive over to Hortonville and take the wiouwash down into Winnebago county tomorrow and check it out. Just nervous, don’t want to be beating up our newer sleds if there’s bare gravel on the grade or wet swamps.

mezz

Not a lot happening here, at least not right now. As quick as the switch flipped on it turned off up here. We'll have to revisit this in the a.m.