Storm Central: Friday 1-12-24

attakman

Looks like East Central, South Central, and South Western Wisconsin...(or now the YOOP)...are where to go....storm was a flop for the Northwoods of Wisconsin..trails aren't open here, and probably won't anytime soon. Not looking good at this point

SledTL

Looks like East Central, South Central, and South Western Wisconsin...(or now the YOOP)...are where to go....storm was a flop for the Northwoods of Wisconsin..trails aren't open here, and probably won't anytime soon. Not looking good at this point
Whats the latest date for ever opening? Ever had a year that hasn't opened? Looks like mid 30s-40 next week for everyone in the midwest. Get that riding in now when you can!

whitedust

Locals in Vilas saying trails won’t open this season. I’m like sure they will might be brief but still a lot of winter ahead. Stupid El Niño!

attakman

Whats the latest date for ever opening? Ever had a year that hasn't opened? Looks like mid 30s-40 next week for everyone in the midwest. Get that riding in now when you can!
In the last 20 years the latest Oneida County has ever opened was January 25th (in 2019 ?)..we will probably beat that record this year...trails opened late in 2015 -2016, and closed early....that 2015-2016 season was easily our worst year of riding (the shortest season on record)...coincidently 2015 was also the last time we had a brown xmas......However that late start in 2019...ended well....we got hammered with heavy snow February and March of that year...so maybe there is some hope

fishcrib

In the last 20 years the latest Oneida County has ever opened was January 25th (in 2019 ?)..we will probably beat that record this year...trails opened late in 2015 -2016, and closed early....that 2015-2016 season was easily our worst year of riding (the shortest season on record)...coincidently 2015 was also the last time we had a brown xmas......However that late start in 2019...ended well....we got hammered with heavy snow February and March of that year...so maybe there is some hope
How are the lakes coming along? Anything staked yet?

attakman

How are the lakes coming along? Anything staked yet?
None in the Tomahawk/Nokomis area are marked yet....no word on when...it is cold and we are building ice...so hopefully soon...the clubs are packing swamps as we speak....we are very thin on snow though, and the weather out look is not great the next 10 days

m8man

well outside of Lake Linden i had about 10-12", my Mom lives 4 miles away in the town of LL, and she had about 2-3".

crazy......how a few miles can make a difference.

indy_500

well outside of Lake Linden i had about 10-12", my Mom lives 4 miles away in the town of LL, and she had about 2-3".

crazy......how a few miles can make a difference.
Big reason why I’m still hesitant on heading up to the Kee yet! I’m actually heading down to ride Dane and Sauk counties this weekend. Something different!

m8man

we have enough to groom for sure in all areas that I'm aware of..........just making reference as i have to be near 50" in the last week. if i recall it started on Friday but i could be wrong.........my Mom lives a few miles away and her place i would guess is maybe 25-30". my kid has been out on the trails and said they are fine, but it's still early season.......hidden objects come fast and hard.......be careful and have fun.

m8man

Indy

I don't ride anymore but if i did i would be out but there but extremely careful. And i agree, fun to scope out something different, ya never know what ya find, even if you've been there before.....

pclark

Big reason why I’m still hesitant on heading up to the Kee yet! I’m actually heading down to ride Dane and Sauk counties this weekend. Something different!
That area should be great, I used to live in Waukesha County and we would chase the snow all over down there. Great trails when they have decent snow.

indy_500

That area should be great, I used to live in Waukesha County and we would chase the snow all over down there. Great trails when they have decent snow.
Was hoping to get after some of the rolling hills down there! Around me it’s nothing but flat farm field.

wisco-mb

Was hoping to get after some of the rolling hills down there! Around me it’s nothing but flat farm field.
Just stay west of highway 12. Northern Dane is mostly all open fields.

I got some more riding the last 2 days. I rode Marquette and Columbia county on Monday. My boy(4 1/2) did awesome with the cold temps. We bought him heated gloves, which really helped.
I rode mostly Columbia county and a little Dodge county yesterday. There wasn't very many sleds out.
Trails were flat and fast!

Attachments

• Snapchat-120689967.jpg
    Snapchat-120689967.jpg
    885.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Snapchat-1057293256.jpg
    Snapchat-1057293256.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • Snapchat-1797291670.jpg
    Snapchat-1797291670.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

SledTL

I'm hoping to find some nice trails in Juneau county this weekend and maybe ride south towards the northern portion of Sauk.

pclark

Just stay west of highway 12. Northern Dane is mostly all open fields.

I got some more riding the last 2 days. I rode Marquette and Columbia county on Monday. My boy(4 1/2) did awesome with the cold temps. We bought him heated gloves, which really helped.
I rode mostly Columbia county and a little Dodge county yesterday. There wasn't very many sleds out.
Trails were flat and fast!
Dodge county is awesome.

timo

Dodge county is awesome.
I can attest,, last night rode northern washington co. started in the Kettle Moraine forest headed north and tore acorss 50 miles of farm fields in Dodge Co. ,
Kettle Moraine forest was a tad rough (always seems to be,, but i've seen it with four foot moguls ) but once I got out of there everything was flat and fast. Trails are super hard,, couple icy corners but pretty sweet trails for this area.