Summer Vintage Projects 2013

Bradzoo

Not sure their vintage, but their close! We are now the proud owners of 2 89 Indy 500's, one we are the original owners and the other squat had and we bought from him. We can't wait to have the pair to ride!! Both run good, they just need some TLC. We need to find a set of the original blue decals for one, back in the day our daughter rode it and she wanted pink and purple pin striping lol we'd like to get it back to original. We also need a windshield a tree fell on one last year and broke it

View attachment 40928

Linda I believe I still have a stock windshield or 2 hanging around in the barn for an old Indy I'll check when i get home and let you know

Bradzoo

skiroule

As the Summer Turns

Sent this 440 down to Snoluver1 a couple of weeks back to take advantage of his mechanical expertise. It turned out to be a real Frankenstein – mismatched parts, mystery parts, wrong parts, you name it. Thought he was going to accuse me of sending one of my 800s. The amazing thing is that it actually ran pretty well.

Engine_1_zpsb3f0d4c1.jpg

So, I’m sending off the “backup” 440 tomorrow in hopes that between the two he can put together something that can be made to run like new. This one looks to be intact but he will be the judge of that.

91e43ee3-fe0a-4e06-9486-0e88b9f430ec_zps24969589.jpg

After this week, I hoping I can really start to buckle down on the project. Time marches on...

snoluver1

No worries Skiroule. I'll have her fixed up for ya in a jiffy!

............now where did I put that damn hammer? :confused:

photobucket-52595-1375219518178_zps921638bb.jpg

renten

A few more TXL pics.

DSCN3815.jpg DSCN3816.jpg DSCN3817.jpg Here are a few more pics of my TXL going together. Skid is done and in. Just cleaned and ready to rivet belly pan,(almost perfect with exception of extra exhaust hole, no fade and still very flexible.). Most of the dirty work is done so it's time to start bolting on the two boxes of powder coated parts. I will keep you posted.

Bradzoo

View attachment 41050 View attachment 41049 View attachment 41048 Here are a few more pics of my TXL going together. Skid is done and in. Just cleaned and ready to rivet belly pan,(almost perfect with exception of extra exhaust hole, no fade and still very flexible.). Most of the dirty work is done so it's time to start bolting on the two boxes of powder coated parts. I will keep you posted.

Looking Good! Ok you guy's have motivated me I'm gonna get the TX340 on the lift tonite let the fun begin!!

Bradzoooooo

jd

Administrator
Staff member
You know what I just noticed?

rxL upside down spells rxL !

-John

Bradzoo

Well its on the lift and the 1st layer of grime is off it, mechanically its in good shape steering is tight, none of the cables are froze up throttle and brake works, the track spins by turning the secondary and the engine rolls over, the track is in good shape. Body wise I'm gonna need a belly pan replacement and some hood body work, and new front bumper. It only has 1060 miles showing on the ticker if it works but I think they hit everything they could judging by the hood and the belly pan.

CAM00102.jpg CAM00103.jpg CAM00105.jpg CAM00104.jpg

Bradzooooooooooo

samc

Brad,
Get it in shape by the ride in and we'll hit the trails for a day. We'll bring up the old John Deere with us.
A lot of work but it's worth it in the end.

D

Deleted member 10829

Bradzoo,

I like those sled pictures on your garage door! Are those all Polaris'? Nice looking sleds I'm sure. ;)

Bradzoo

Bradzoo,

I like those sled pictures on your garage door! Are those all Polaris'? Nice looking sleds I'm sure. ;)

No they're not all Polaris, those ahhh sleds are from a Double Extreme calendar all the big 4 represented , I think the closest you can get now is the Winter Heat calendar now

Bradzoooo

Bradzoo

Well I made a little progress this weekend, it runs on spray has 110lbs compression in 1 cylinder and 115lbs in the other, got the skid removed found out I need 3 cleats, also need 2 skies and shocks, and the tank I thought was gonna be good has a small crack in the upper left corner so I'm still in the hunt for one of those, time to start ordering parts.
CAM00106.jpg CAM00107.jpg CAM00113.jpg CAM00115.jpg

Bradzoooooooo