The Namesake

heckler56

It’s really rewarding to hear that you guys have enjoyed the projects and my sharing of the successes, failures, and general boneheaded moves along the way. As I’ve said many times before, knowing that people are following the project progress (or lack thereof) has always helped me stay focused and dig in when things get a little tough. It’s a good feeling when you can finally show people that, yes, it did get finished.

This sled is making a strong case to be my favorite. There’s just something about the way it feels and rides. My old XC 600 is getting a little tired and I really think the RTX would give it a run for its money up to 40 – 45 mph.

This gave me a chuckle because people that have ridden with me know of my fascination with trees and brush, but your comment is exactly what I hope people take away from any restoration project I might attempt. This sled was built to be ridden. I have a ton of respect for the effort that goes into building a show-only sled but I would much rather go out, fire it up, and take a spin on some fresh white stuff.
Try as I may on stuff I know my limitations. Watching/following your build allows those of us to live vicariously through your posts.

J.Glenn

It’s really rewarding to hear that you guys have enjoyed the projects and my sharing of the successes, failures, and general boneheaded moves along the way. As I’ve said many times before, knowing that people are following the project progress (or lack thereof) has always helped me stay focused and dig in when things get a little tough. It’s a good feeling when you can finally show people that, yes, it did get finished.

This sled is making a strong case to be my favorite. There’s just something about the way it feels and rides. My old XC 600 is getting a little tired and I really think the RTX would give it a run for its money up to 40 – 45 mph.

This gave me a chuckle because people that have ridden with me know of my fascination with trees and brush, but your comment is exactly what I hope people take away from any restoration project I might attempt. This sled was built to be ridden. I have a ton of respect for the effort that goes into building a show-only sled but I would much rather go out, fire it up, and take a spin on some fresh white stuff.
Said it before and I'll say it again, but I generally watch from the sidelines and don't comment much but I enjoy watching you make progress at your own pace. The art of watching/reading you tackle some new challenge and bring it back to life keeps bringing me back! I can only imagine the rewarding feelings you get once you complete a project, so again job well done!

Maybe I speak for the masses, but what's the next project?? I'm already looking forward to following along.

D

Deleted member 10829

Turned out awesome Kelly and love the video. I really like the snow flap. ;)

skiroule

Thanks for sticking with me on this project!
Try as I may on stuff I know my limitations. Watching/following your build allows those of us to live vicariously through your posts.
Pretty cool that you and others can relate to the project in that way because I find myself doing the exact same thing with other projects I follow.
Said it before and I'll say it again, but I generally watch from the sidelines and don't comment much but I enjoy watching you make progress at your own pace. The art of watching/reading you tackle some new challenge and bring it back to life keeps bringing me back! I can only imagine the rewarding feelings you get once you complete a project, so again job well done!

Maybe I speak for the masses, but what's the next project?? I'm already looking forward to following along.

It’s funny you should ask.
I guess I’m like an old beaver that keeps gnawing down trees whether he needs them or not because, well, that’s what he does.

Even as I’m organizing left-over parts from this project, I can’t resist mulling over what might be a future unique and interesting project.

I do have something in mind but I would be starting from ground zero. I don’t have a sled in hand so I can only take an educated guess at the parts and effort required if and when I find something in my price range. I passed on a candidate this week that had some potential but was a little too far away and it just didn’t feel right (even though my wife had given it the green light).

Nothing may come of my initial thoughts, I may go a completely different direction, or pass on another project altogether and that’s OK. As my experiences this year have shown, a lot of unforeseen things can happen to cause a change in plans.

One thing I do know is that should I attempt another build, I will share the experience here for anyone that is interested. I don’t think I’d know how to do it any other way.