The World of Dating Women

chords

Its not easy in the best of times to be out looking for Miss Right,,,, but now I not sure how to approach this. Do I just "meet " online and have a spirted conversation or should I move forward and ask to meet in person and then what ? Kiss and smooch ? Maybe I should lay low. IDK

mrbb

well if this virus kills as many as the media wants to claim it will, there might be a lot more single folks out there soon in the future!

slimcake

I think its best to roll solo right now. I am saying that as a married man. Whose wife is still going to work with people and therefore is sleeping in the basement bedroom alone. Thought you had two chicks fighting over ya?? What happened there?

srt20

I think its best to roll solo right now. I am saying that as a married man. Whose wife is still going to work with people and therefore is sleeping in the basement bedroom alone. Thought you had two chicks fighting over ya?? What happened there?

??? Really???

chords

Things got complicated and a bit messy so I moved on from that. No one needs a crazy pyscho(s) And believe me there are plenty out there like that. All friendly and lovey dovey and then BAM a switch gets flipped and its like being in tornado alley. And then youre like What ?? Ya know what I'm sayin ?
She was to going to find her family roots and pack a tent and camp on a Indian reservation :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Grant Hoar

Last Sundays Chicago Tribune actually had an article about, since we are all home so much, if it is ok to have sex. And, since COVID-19 is transmitted through exhaled breath, believe it or not they even went into what positions were safer to avoid transmission. I will stop there, use your imaginations.

LoveMyDobe

Is your wife a health care worker? Kudos to her!

mjkaliszak

I haven't been on JD much the last couple years and just as I was looking for the deepest snow mound around decided to visit the forum.... what luck !! ...I could not resist this post ....!! however I don't know why .... ??
Never The Less..... let me opine !

Better off buying a new Truck

There is merit in this suggestion, I for one have been wondering, over the last few years if I even want to entertain such a purchase. The prices of lets say a new F150 Platinum ( It could be any creature comfort loaded 4wd ) is almost astounding to me with tax they are over 70K. ???? A truck may be the BEST choice at this time just not if I'm paying.....!

I'm in the same boat... as slimcake ( married, wife working, living in basement, I have taken over the entire thing and moved the bed from the guest B room into the middle of the basement living area !!! I kind of like my basement abode....=:) Actually "The Colonel" & I share the " dogs" ....

It seems that laying low... would be prudent , with that said !!!
What seems to be the way to meet nowadays... is on-line. I have been helping my daughter w/ men from time to time ( making Klingon's disappear ....LOL ). Anyways on-line seems to be the best way to meet a like minded partner. Benefits being you can screen them and have a pool of different choices that are looking for a relationship.

My daughter uses a couple of on-line dating sites however..., she is a professional and doesn't have time for other venue's of meeting .

BEST advice I can offer below:
Do not get discouraged .... my daughter does and she believes she has a picking/meeting a guy problem ??? THAT drives me bat shat crazy. Our daughter is a doctor, she is moving to start her anesthesia residency @ Johns Hopkins in Baltimore ...OF ALL PLACES .Not barring that she is beautiful !!! JH... is considered to be the TOP choice for Anesthesia residency's in the country... and just to be in the position to pick such a program is absolutely & stunningly impressive. A testament to her hard work no doubt.

I told her " don't try too hard" when things are right it will happen.

There is often times when she looks at her twin sister, and other doc's , friends, ect... and starts comparing her life with theirs...???... so & so is married or she will say " ALL of them are married " which is preposterous . Then spends too much time in her own head ....questioning herself.

JIMHO... I have told her "YOU are in the drivers seat"... continue focus on with your career , become established and then .... worry about it. I also said that maybe something will happen in between now and finishing her residency in 4 years.

These are difficult & uncertain times with the China virus. Use the on-line boards to possibly line up some future meeting / date/ whatever...! May be best to keep health in mind first and searching for a significant other secondary. That would be the BEST option at this point.

Stay positive... " chin Up... no matter what ". Just looking to be helpful.

Tracker

Its not easy in the best of times to be out looking for Miss Right,,,, but now I not sure how to approach this. Do I just "meet " online and have a spirted conversation or should I move forward and ask to meet in person and then what ? Kiss and smooch ? Maybe I should lay low. IDK

Make a list of the dangers before and the dangers now....just use the word virus for colds or flu....then see what's different....you'll see NOTHING is different....so I dont understand the worry

mingard

A lot of women can be more high maintenance than a $70K truck.

Don~

A $70K truck doesn't cook you soup when you get sick and give you children... It's easier to ignore a serious relationship when you are younger but as you get older you start to feel the necessity of a woman's touch in your life. Before I was thinking about buying a rural real estate in Czech Republic and live in my garage forever alone but being alone started to bother after turning 50 years old.

saber1

89926128_4333490153328596_2637375675140407296_n.jpg