This is a BIG storm that's about to hit us

srt20

I didn't measure, but we are around 3.5"-4" here.

The flakes here are medium sized. Not huge, but not the pixie dust that started out this afternoon.

C

Cirrus_Driver

Southern Waukesha Cty, it started snowing at 1:50 PM, and moderate snow since. There's a good 4" down right now.

MZEMS2

About 3" just west of Madison....not too impressive, and definitely not measuring up to the hype....imagine that....but, it is something. Flakes are like dust and very light. Our trails opened tonight at 7. Hoping the sleds will do some packing down before the winds come. I'll be out grooming Sunday night.

groomerdriver

I'm not calling it a BUST but this is another in a series of overhyped storms. Weather guessers are better off saying that somewhere between 2 and 14 inches is expected to fall.

Maybe when I wake up in the AM it will be better?

15107371_1307573892626389_8123676337170942949_n.jpg

Attak man

Not a bust....but not nearly as big as hyped....we have 5 1/4 just south of Tomahawk as of 7:45 am...it is still lightly snowing

groomerdriver

Not a bust....but not nearly as big as hyped....we have 5 1/4 just south of Tomahawk as of 7:45 am...it is still lightly snowing

Agree, not as bust but a few inched short of what they were predicting on the low side. Hard to tell with all the blowing but 4, maybe 5". Very powdery.

I ended up with 6-7" but certainly not what I expected. I usually try not to get too hyped because we seldom end up with the higher end of spectrum. Most had us in 6-10" and some 8-12" so I guess you could say the weatherman as correct. Still enough to ride between last weeks storm and this one. Also for my area if you can ride be Christmas it's just a bonus.

timo

Agree, not as bust but a few inched short of what they were predicting on the low side. Hard to tell with all the blowing but 4, maybe 5". Very powdery.

I'll say it's a bust here. We were in the bullseye for the most in the state. 10-12. Measured 3 inches in three dpots. Supposed to snow today but sounds like we'll end up 5-6. Good thing they canceled all activities today.

groomerdriver

I'll say it's a bust here. We were in the bullseye for the most in the state. 10-12. Measured 3 inches in three dpots. Supposed to snow today but sounds like we'll end up 5-6. Good thing they canceled all activities today.

Yea I'd be shouting BUST if that happened to me..which it has too often the last two years.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the kind of storms where they predict 2-4 but then get 4-8. Sigh....for big snow I should move to the yoop.

Was this a typo or are you serious? :)

1fujifilm

Depends on where we are at, in Green Bay, WI we have an easy two day total of 10 inches at 5:50 PM.

C

Cirrus_Driver

Southern Waukesha Cty, I'm guessing 5 inches yesterday, and been snowing again since 3:30 PM today, another 2 inches down. Still snowing.

MZEMS2

Ended up with about 7" in southern WI, western Dane Cty. I'll be grooming our system Sunday night. Hopefully the wind will blow the trails back in. I didn't get out to see how today's traffic wore em out, but I'm guessing this fluff just blew away.....